Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All, I am hoping to use this forum to follow other conversions as well as post some information about mine. My girlfriend and I are in the process of purchasing a 159" WB High Roof to convert for full-time living, and I have tons of dreams, plans, and questions!

·
Registered
Promaster 2500
117 Posts
Hi All, I am hoping to use this forum to follow other conversions as well as post some information about mine. My girlfriend and I are in the process of purchasing a 159" WB High Roof to convert for full-time living, and I have tons of dreams, plans, and questions!
Hi Tyler,
We are getting exactly the same model tomorrow afternoon!
I will be posting my conversion starting on this weekend.
First thing we are going to do is to protect our investment by coating the van underneath with a rust proof rubberized coating and also the inside which is going to be a sound deadening solution as well.
Then I will proceed with the rest of the plan.
Feel free to contact me and others for tips and hints.
Wish you good luck!

·
Registered
765 Posts
Welcome to the Circus... Looking forward to watching your build, the mob here enjoys pictures...

Don't know how savvy you are on internet-fueled long term projects - beware a purchase first and then show'n tell habit, having to buy stuff twice learned me to find a way to ask & triple research first!

·
Registered
2014 136” HR
5,829 Posts
And don't underestimate the value of test trips as you progress. Just lying there in a makeshift bed puts your mind into high gear as to possibilities, and deciding what you don't want is as important as deciding what you do want.

Lots of conversions here as different from each other as daylight and dark.

I envy you the full-timing. Except for my shop, I think I could do it even in my 136."

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for the welcome and the tips! We definitely plan to use it as we build, and try a few different mock layouts before we drill any holes. My first question has to do with diesel vs gasoline for camper conversion.. I'm going to start a thread about it over in the conversions section now!

·
Premium Member
8,838 Posts
I'll look there. The diesel is a wonderful combination, quirky transmission but in a good way. Don't underestimate the 500+ tankful range.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts