Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
654 Posts
I have done the calcs, and I think you can get two street bikes (not Goldwing touring bikes, but regular street bikes) side by side in the back, even with the rear wheel wells.

·
Registered
110 Posts
It's worth it to read that other thread. I am surprised at how much he has shoved in the back there. The Promaster would definitely work for transporting bikes. It definitely has a lot of cargo space, I got to see one in person the other day.

·
Registered
36 Posts
3 Sport bikes in a 136" high

Hi guys! We bought ours because it's the same dimensions as our old trailer was, and that fits two sport bikes in forward (angle the bars 'outward' a bit to a) make the overall bike shorter, b)keep the bars away from each other. If we tie the rear wheels to a ring in the floor butted up against the wheel wheel boxes (have boxes now), there is still enough room to 'back a 3rd sport bike (BMW S1000R) between the other two. We then put a chock at the back of the van into the rail in the floor, strap that left and right from the lower triple clamps and tie down the rear wheel to the middle floor rail. About 3" clearance all around everything, but since it's all rock solid, no worries about touching over the course of a days drive. Been doing that for months. Works great. Gotta use heavy duty wheel chocks that hold the bike up with a 'rocking' system that accepts the front wheel and 'pins' that into position. Super solid rubber feet on those. and those get bolted to the floor with 1 pin to the 2nd and 3rd rails we have in the floor (Mac Track added, full length).

·
Registered
166 Posts
This was a Ducati superbike Fiat Ducato of some years ago.

There is also an option "kit moto" for transport of motocycles sold by Fiat Professional that consists of floor, ramp, strut to fix front wheel + fixing kit. Time to time they offer as "free" option at some bikes events.
The good of the kit it is that can be easily removed, useful if You use also the van for other activities.

http://youtu.be/BbqYTG9FgPk

·
Registered
24 Posts
I've had two Bigger bikes in mine a Yamaha Super Tenere and a BMW 1200gs.
Snug but fit! The lower floor height really helps when loading. I added a step in the hitch receiver also.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Yes! it's tri-fold out of a Ford. The bad part is you can't fold it down with the bikes in the truck. It does allow enough room to sleep on it in the upright position.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Does that bed 'fold down and up' out of the way? If so. .....how did you fab that up? Thanks
Jim:

There is some more info on it in the window van thread. It's all basically bolted to a 3/4" marine ply wood.
I am a ADV member and a avid motorcyclist. But like to use it for other things too!
I really like the van and some of my friends that have conventional vans rear wheelers where skeptical but all have reevaluated their opinions.
It needs a roof vent and a inverter. It's a work in progress.
More latter!

WRW

1 - 20 of 38 Posts