Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Mitusubishi Fuso Canter 4P10 diesel engines are part of FPT Industrial F1C engines family.
Ram Promaster, Fiat Ducato and Peugeot/Citroen twins as well as Iveco Daily use F1C diesel engines. Gearboxes are different.
It is also used by Iveco LMV military vehicles, there are maritime versions (named FPT Industrial S30) and are also used in power generation / cogeneration applications.
FPT Industrial is part of CNH Industrial that was demerged from Fiat S.p.A. few years ago.

·
Premium Member
8,725 Posts
I looked at this a while ago and am using my recollection here. Those engines may be very similar, are mated to several transmissions some of which are longitudinally mounted due to the vehicle having rear drive or 4WD. If your question is: "is there a Fuso with the exact engine/transmission combination?" I didn't find a match. YMMY

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies. Mitsubishi was having **** with there transmissions in the Fuso, and they seemed very similar. But if I remember right the transmission in the Fuso is Japanese and the Diesel Promaster is Italian.

·
Premium Member
8,725 Posts
Thanks for the replies. Mitsubishi was having **** with there transmissions in the Fuso, and they seemed very similar. But if I remember right the transmission in the Fuso is Japanese and the Diesel Promaster is Italian.
Fiat has had some problems with the manual (with clutch) transmissions in the Ducato especially when the truck is heavily laden as in camper conversions. It shudders when trying to back up. Reports are that the robotized one we have is not an issue.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts