Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to install an engine shield for my 2018 Promaster 2500. I'm looking into this because I foresee driving along dirt and gravel paths, where small rocks could bounce up into the engine area.

I need help deciding whether this purchase is necessary, what parts I would need, and if there are alternatives.

Looking for OEM parts, I went and found a schematics of the parts and the components I need, link here. Specifically, I need part 1, the Belly-Front of the Center Shield section, part 68376428AA. However, it seems that this part is discontinued. No problem, I can do a search for the part # on google, and find other vendors who sell it. A quick search finds the following parts from two different vendors, link 1 and link 2. Both seem to still have the part available, however they are listed under different models.

My first question is, I'm aware that not much has changed between 2014 to 2018 for the Promaster, would it be good if I purchase the 2014 version of the part? Additionally, if the part is meant for the 3500ext version it should still work correct?

My second question is, if I do purchase this, I'm not sure how much of the hardware (screws and nuts) I also need to purchase. It would be parts 2 & 3 from the schematics.

Thirdly, are there alternatives to these components? Custom parts, aftermarket, etc.

On a side note, I'm also looking to buy part 5 with the side plate for the drivers side, (Side Shield, Left, Part #68134778AA ). If anyone knows how many screws and nuts this needs, I'd greatly appreciate it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'm looking to install an engine shield for my 2018 Promaster 2500. I'm looking into this because I foresee driving along dirt and gravel paths, where small rocks could bounce up into the engine area.

I need help deciding whether this purchase is necessary, what parts I would need, and if there are alternatives.

Looking for OEM parts, I went and found a schematics of the parts and the components I need, link here. Specifically, I need part 1, the Belly-Front of the Center Shield section, part 68376428AA. However, it seems that this part is discontinued. No problem, I can do a search for the part # on google, and find other vendors who sell it. A quick search finds the following parts from two different vendors, link 1 and link 2. Both seem to still have the part available, however they are listed under different models.

My first question is, I'm aware that not much has changed between 2014 to 2018 for the Promaster, would it be good if I purchase the 2014 version of the part? Additionally, if the part is meant for the 3500ext version it should still work correct?

My second question is, if I do purchase this, I'm not sure how much of the hardware (screws and nuts) I also need to purchase. It would be parts 2 & 3 from the schematics.

Thirdly, are there alternatives to these components? Custom parts, aftermarket, etc.

On a side note, I'm also looking to buy part 5 with the side plate for the drivers side, (Side Shield, Left, Part #68134778AA ). If anyone knows how many screws and nuts this needs, I'd greatly appreciate it.
Fellow Bay Area native here. I have a 2500 that I purchased out of state, and I have the belly pan. I can tell you that all has been well after 16,000 miles of ownership. I have been driving cross-country doing rock climbing, and regularly (probably 40% of driving) has been on fire roads or access roads leading to climbing areas in areas such as Bishop, Joe's/Moe's Valley. The plastic belly pan is sufficient.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts