Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was at the local diesel mechanics today asking about a (gasoline) Webasto / Espar order when I was told of another cab heater called Proheat It's one I haven't read of before on this or other conversion forums. Wondering if anyone here has an opinion about or experience with the product? Seems to be N. American made and, at least the one I found on eBay, is several hundreds of dollars less than the competition.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Have you come up with anymore heating options?
I didn't figure on even having a heater in our van till someday way down the road but working on the van these cold October evenings I am changing my mind. I have been looking at the Propex propane heater and reading garys blog on how he incorporates propane into his build.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Have you come up with anymore heating options?
I didn't figure on even having a heater in our van till someday way down the road but working on the van these cold October evenings I am changing my mind. I have been looking at the Propex propane heater and reading garys blog on how he incorporates propane into his build.
I'm not sure I'll install anything permanent this year, but will make sure I reserve some space for it down the road. I'm leaning towards a Webasto/Espar style heater, I think the 'dry' heat they provide is rather desirable in our climate. On the other hand, they are so expensive I wonder if it's really worth it. I'm not living in the van after all. So for this year I'll use a cheap ceramic heater when I'm plugged in or a small Little Buddy propane heater if I'm not (with reservations about the moisture, though it's probably less of a problem than I think).

·
Registered
83 Posts
I would have thought that Webasto/Espar or Propex heater would all be equal in dry heat as all the combustion moisture is vented outside. I could be totally wrong on this issue?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have a Mr Heater in my 2500 w/ a 20 lb propane tank. It warms it up pretty well. I have to keep the rear door open or the heater will deplete the oxygen in the van and automatically shut off...then the extra propane in the line will drain into the van and cause my CO2 Detector to alarm. Very happy for the auto shut off and my CO2 alarm working. But this is not good for my stealth camping situation. Its been in the 30's the past few nights...so leaving the rear door cracked kind of sucks...letting all that cold air in. Need to install a Max Air unit in the roof and/or replace the back window w/ a slide (& screened) window.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Emat,

Thanks for that link. I went ahead and emailed one of the dealers requesting a price quote for the unit and installation.

I had been thinking espar with the automatic elevation adjustment thingy, but this might work instead. It's too early to tell, but options are a good thing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts