Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Thanks, am still on fence between Promaster & new Transit. Can't find/buy either in the configuration I want yet.

It's still hard to find a PM in any color except white. Seen just 1 Transit for sale. White of course.

Maybe things will begin to change when 2015 models start getting cranked out?

Anyone hear yet, if 2015 PM will get the new headlights, humped hood & cheeks?

How long until there's a diesel, or 6 speed manual?

·
Registered
424 Posts
I factory-ordered mine in order to not get white. Took forever to get, but yesterday was the day ...

I believe the diesel is now in production. Manual transmission is not going to happen for the North American market, though.

I suspect that the Promaster body parts for the Mexican plant are coming from a local stamping plant, i.e. different from the one for European production, which means there is a motivation for paying off the tooling costs before they change anything so soon (after only one year).

·
Registered
654 Posts
Brian, I think at this point all sheet metal is coming from Europe.
The exception could be the front end - especially if the headlights don't update and conform with the euro Ducato (I hopes not!).

The 2015 orders are supposedly open, and no news release on the 2015 PM. Kinda worried, will we have the new headlights or not?

·
Super Moderator
8,371 Posts
My plastic Ram grill said "Made in Mexico" on it but that doesn't mean anything. The sheet metal probably does come from some Eastern European stamping plant!

·
Registered
84 Posts
I just tried to order Promaster short wheel base, low roof, and Diesel engine. I was told that there is a restriction on low roof. The diesel is available and, but no more orders will be open until August.

·
Registered
166 Posts
My plastic Ram grill said "Made in Mexico" on it but that doesn't mean anything. The sheet metal probably does come from some Eastern European stamping plant!
The stamping plant it is in Italy, in Atessa where are built the Fiat Ducato, Citroën Jumper and Peugeot Boxer. The plant is owned by Sevel S.p.A., a joint venture between Fiat S.p.A. and PSA Group (will en probably in 2019).

It is very likely that the new Promaster will look and have the modifications introduced in the european Ducato.

The new Ducatyo was showed to the media mid may and was on sale in 3rd decade of June in Germany first (Germany it is the main market for Ducato).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts