Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2014 136” HR
5,678 Posts
Remembering our extensive recent conversation on insulations, I'm betting their claim of R-38 for 3/8" insulation is a bit exaggerated.

Also, I called this guy to ask a question about swivels. He wasn't listening, but was focused on getting my order TODAY.

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
Remembering our extensive recent conversation on insulations, I'm betting their claim of R-38 for 3/8" insulation is a bit exaggerated.

Also, I called this guy to ask a question about swivels. He wasn't listening, but was focused on getting my order TODAY.
Most likely a drop shipping co.(middle person). They take the order and pass it on
to the supplier and viola!!! Profit with out lifting a finger. Costco, Sears, and so on
does it.
I had a good experience with eurocamper.com. but not sure they have insulation.
And there is noway it can be R38 maybe R 3 point 8

·
Registered
604 Posts
+++'s

- pre-cut and pre-glued which is a big time saver

---'s
- not much insulation
- 3/8"?? = R38??? Don't want to be a doubter but, NO WAY!!!! Unless they're getting this from NASA there's not a chance...
- "consisting of 2 closed cell sections laminated to an aluminum center foil to maintain shape and van skin contour"????? If it is 100% glue backed why do you need a foil center to maintain shape??

Conclusion: A lot of money for the convenience of pre-cut and pre-glued.

One question I'd ask before buying. Is this closed-cell foam fire retardant? Most closed cell foams burn very quickly if not treated. I know it's not being installed in an airplane or boat, were you can't get out, but fire retardant insulation is a better choice overall.

·
Registered
2014 136” HR
5,678 Posts
And 3/8" is just getting started. There's >1" on top and close to 3" on the sides. I'm filling those spaces with something.

It is neat-looking, though.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Sounds like might have some noise abatement properties,but it wil NOT have a r3 value,don't get mislead on that,wish it were true

1 - 10 of 10 Posts