Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be shopping for my first van for my business soon and have narrowed it down to nissan nv or promaster but leaning heavy towards the promaster. The van I want stickers at around 34k. Is it possible to get it for 29 plus tax n tags? I also have a ram 1500 that I was able to get 10k off so I wouldn't be happy unless I get 5k off the van. So what kind of deals have everyone been able to get?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Highly doubt you are going to get 5k off a new promaster. They are not having any problems selling them and therefore do not have much for incentives. We ordered two promasters and the incentives were less than half of what the 2014 1500's.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Dealer in my area advertises about $3100 off most of them on their website. Don't know if you can do any better during negotiation.

·
Registered
26 Posts
My dealer took 1300 off list then asked if I was leasing any vehicles, I said yes I lease a honda odyssey for my wife, he offered a $1000 rebate for leasing a competitive vehicle I said I am not trading that in he said it didn't matter all I have to do is bring in my registration when I pick up the vehicle. Then there is the incentive for the graphics or up fitting of $1000 or whatever incentive is available when my promaster arrives

·
Registered
5 Posts
We searched high and low for the best deal within a 500 mile radius and the best we could do was $2500 below sticker. We were looking at the NV also but the mpg, build quality and resale value made us look at other vehicles. So far, i think we made the right decision.

·
Registered
23 Posts
3500 pm $1100 off list, $ 1000 upfit with a extra $500, then dealer offered $1000 as a demo model . I was the second sale of the 5 pms they had on their lot. Can tell you back in November most of the dealers were not knowledgable on all the various rebates but I think they would be by now. I did waste some time and effort with some advertised prices that were low but they included a whole bunch of rebates with certain qualifiers , watch out for that especially if you are going to travel any distance based on a advertised price. Learned that the hard way and my local dealer gave me the best price in the end .

·
Registered
23 Posts
In addition they offered a 5% loan on the pm ( I have good credit) but I went to State Farm bank and got it for 2%. Happy with the van so far 2400 miles

·
Registered
81 Posts
I will be shopping for my first van for my business soon and have narrowed it down to nissan nv or promaster but leaning heavy towards the promaster. The van I want stickers at around 34k. Is it possible to get it for 29 plus tax n tags? I also have a ram 1500 that I was able to get 10k off so I wouldn't be happy unless I get 5k off the van. So what kind of deals have everyone been able to get?
Depending on how far you are willing to travel & how specific you are about equipment there are PM's listed on Autotrader for over $6000.00 off MSRP. In my experience I always get a better deal on a vehicle sitting on a dealers lot than ordering one. I have saved thousands on vehicle purchases by flying to another state to purchase a vehicle on a dealers lot that local dealers did not have. I more than paid for my flight, lodging, transport costs, & time.
I look at vehicles as a commodity, the van 500 miles away is the same as the one 15 miles away. If I need warranty service the local dealers have been quite willing to provide it as they are reimbursed by the manufacturer for that work. I know some people like to purchase from local dealers & I understand that, I always give the local dealer a chance to compete against the online deal + transport costs, sometimes they will, sometimes not. Good luck with your purchase.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Compared to Ram 1500 trucks, Promaster vans are presently over priced.

If you can wait until the Transit van is released this summer prices should drop a fair amount.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Depending on how far you are willing to travel & how specific you are about equipment there are PM's listed on Autotrader for over $6000.00 off MSRP. In my experience I always get a better deal on a vehicle sitting on a dealers lot than ordering one. I have saved thousands on vehicle purchases by flying to another state to purchase a vehicle on a dealers lot that local dealers did not have. I more than paid for my flight, lodging, transport costs, & time.
I look at vehicles as a commodity, the van 500 miles away is the same as the one 15 miles away. If I need warranty service the local dealers have been quite willing to provide it as they are reimbursed by the manufacturer for that work. I know some people like to purchase from local dealers & I understand that, I always give the local dealer a chance to compete against the online deal + transport costs, sometimes they will, sometimes not. Good luck with your purchase.
So have you actually purchased a pro master for $6000 off msrp?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Was at dealership today with best friend, he got a 2014 laramie ram 1500 stickered at 48500 and paid 40500 plus tax and tags. thats 17 percent off so quick math if a van is 34500 with same discount would be 28800. I think its to new right now to get a deal like that but wait till end of year when the new rush is over and i think 5K should be doable. Im not in a big rush I have my truck to work out of for now. Also NV van you can get 5-6K off no problem.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Was at dealership today with best friend, he got a 2014 laramie ram 1500 stickered at 48500 and paid 40500 plus tax and tags. thats 17 percent off so quick math if a van is 34500 with same discount would be 28800. I think its to new right now to get a deal like that but wait till end of year when the new rush is over and i think 5K should be doable. Im not in a big rush I have my truck to work out of for now. Also NV van you can get 5-6K off no problem.
True about the NV van...I heavily considered the low roof but at the rumored 13-15 mpg average, I wasn't really interested. Plus the low roof is too low and the high roof is just too ugly! Looks like a big duck!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have sold many Promasters and there is room for Discount but they can't be compared to a ram 1500. You also can't go by pricing on Autotrader. A lot of dealers advertise using all available rebates which most won't qualify for. If anyone would like a quote I will give you real numbers and break it down for you. I sell a lot of truck every month due to price. My website is www.keenedodge.net. You will see a good selection of Pro Masters. I look forward to the opportunity to making sure everyone gets the best deal. My email is [email protected].

·
Registered
399 Posts
... thats 17 percent off ...
On the last 2 new vehicles I got 40% off MSRP! I stacked about as many deals together as you can on my 03 Silverado - family/employee discount, rebate, competitive vehicle, and GM credit card points. Wish I could pull that off again.

·
Registered
81 Posts
So have you actually purchased a pro master for $6000 off msrp?
I am not in the market for a PM because I don't fit in the van. My point is there are differences in prices offered by dealers on the same vehicle & finding a vehicle in stock has benefited my bottom line for previous purchases. Also having the cash to pay for the vehicle can do wonders to the final price.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I am not in the market for a PM because I don't fit in the van. My point is there are differences in prices offered by dealers on the same vehicle & finding a vehicle in stock has benefited my bottom line for previous purchases. Also having the cash to pay for the vehicle can do wonders to the final price.
I was just curious if anyone was actually getting 6k off the msrp. My experience is that most of those ads are just as someone else mentioned, wishful thinking. We actually went through the fleet guys with ours and got what I think is a fair deal.

There may be better deals to be had at the end of the year on them, but I highly doubt it will be the same kind of deals they will make on pickups. There is actually more room to deal on a loaded up pickup to begin with and they always seem to have more aggressive incentives on them.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Also add to that there are pick up trucks everywhere. These vans are a new era of work vehicles. It's still a small market and the competition isn't fully there yet. The bigger price drops will most likely happen when the 2015's hit the lots...especially if there's some improvements to the "beta" 2014's!

·
Registered
473 Posts
You guys that want one of these need to contact the at least 2 dealers that are posting on this forum for a quote. Janeb and Donnie with Keene. Janeb is in Texas I believe, and Donnie is on the upper east coast.
Use all the resources available here.....

We bought our '13 Winnebago RV via e-mail from a reputable dealer with no issues whatsoever on it. All we had to do was sign papers when we got to the dealer, and drive away. It was 400+ miles from us. Rented a car to get there, turned it in, and we were gone

·
Registered
399 Posts
I wish they'd come out with a decent low-mileage lease rate - something comparable to Silverado or F150. According to the Chevy website a $34.8K truck would run about $350/month factoring in the initial down. That's about all I'm willing to lose if I want to turn it in 3 years. To match that I'd have to get $27000 for it in 3 years (factoring in 4% interest lost/not paid down on something else and sales tax on the end value). I don't know what lease end values Ram is figuring, but it's got to be less than $20K based on the $500+ lease rates I see on the website. That's not much confidence in the resale.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts