Ram Promaster Forum banner

101 - 120 of 144 Posts

·
Premium Member
Master Overland Custom Vans Tampa
892 Posts
I am seeing dealers advertising these vans for 9000 off sticker. When you call the price changes all of a sudden. They are saying you have to qualify for all rebates. Who actually qualifies for all the **** rebates lol? Any of you guys have the break down of how you got your final price. Honestly Im a sick of dealing with some of these dealers already. I really think Chrysler needs to step in how some of these dealers list these prices.

Sticker price +
-Dealer discount
-public rebates
-additional rebates (military, etc)

=?
Most of the Ram dealers I dealt with were a joke. I reached out to over 26 dealers during my hunt. Most listed the price including all the rebates so yes this is sometimes frustrating.

The good ones ask the right questions to see if you qualify for the rebates and then make the deal happen. If the dealer jacks you around just walk out the door.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Most of the Ram dealers I dealt with were a joke. I reached out to over 26 dealers during my hunt. Most listed the price including all the rebates so yes this is sometimes frustrating.

The good ones ask the right questions to see if you qualify for the rebates and then make the deal happen. If the dealer jacks you around just walk out the door.
I only had two dealers nearby, each had a van I wanted, same spec, one advertised at 32K, the other at 25K. The 25K included all the rebates I didn't qualify for. Ended up with a better deal from the "higher" priced van, and bought it.

·
Registered
6 Posts

Another thing I noticed is the rebates are based upon the registration zipcode and not from the dealers zip code. Have to be sure on that also. Ram should do something about these dealers listing these prices and then hiding the disclaimer at the bottom of their webpage. I also noticed that some dealers are charging 500 dollars for "doc" fees + the normal tax, tags, title. Gotta be careful.

·
Premium Member
892 Posts
Another thing I noticed is the rebates are based upon the registration zipcode and not from the dealers zip code. Have to be sure on that also. Ram should do something about these dealers listing these prices and then hiding the disclaimer at the bottom of their webpage. I also noticed that some dealers are charging 500 dollars for "doc" fees + the normal tax, tags, title. Gotta be careful.
Car dealerships haven't changed. They will try anything to get you to come in. It's not just Ram. What you can and should do is your homework on what rebates are available and which you qualify for. There are also plenty of trade organizations that grant you $500 rebates as well so check on those. You should know the price you will pay based on what others have paid along with the rebates and discounts that you know you will receive. You may need to reach out to several dealers but you can't just send emails or talk to Joe sales associate. Call the fleet manager/commercial manager.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Factory-ordered 1500 136" High roof gas PM

Wootwoot
Just ordered mine yesterday: Factory-ordered 1500 136" High roof gas Promaster.

Attaching a screenshot of the spec to this post in case the specs don't paste well below.

So,, did I get a good deal?

:)PP

FBOFW, Deal Details:
  1. Paid $32,387.00
  2. doesn't including tax
  3. does include their $499 "doc fee (registration, full detailing, safety inspection and "PDI'd")
  4. does't include $1,000 upfitter rebate ($1k of free Mopar stuff or the like), which just need an EIN number to qualify for (can do online here in 3 mins or so: https://sa.www4.irs.gov/modiein/individual/index.jsp)

Specs:
  1. Model: VF1L13 1500 CARGO VAN HIGH ROOF (136 IN WB) 30,600 29,072
  2. Package: 21A Customer Preferred Package 21A 0 0
  3. ERB 3.6L V6 24V VVT Engine 0 0
  4. DG2 6-Speed Automatic 62TE Transmission 0 0
  5. Paint/Seat/Trim: PR4 Flame Red Clear Coat 0 0
  6. APA Monotone Paint 0 0
  7. *A7 Cloth Buckets Seats 0 0
  8. -AA Gray 0 0
  9. Options: XAC ParkView(TM) Rear Back-up Camera 230 205
  10. XAA ParkSense Rear Park Assist System 250 223
  11. RA2 Uconnect 5.0 AM/FM/CD/BT 425 378
  12. LMK Daytime Running Headlamps 50 45
  13. JKP 12V Rear Auxiliary Power Outlet 35 31
  14. HDG Rear Heater - A/C Prep Package 110 98
  15. GXK Additional Key Fobs (2) 125 111
  16. GLB Rear Hinged Doors w/Fixed Glass 195 174
  17. GKD LT Sliding Door w/Glass 660 587
  18. GKB Right Sliding Door w/Fixed Glass 0 0
  19. CDU Driver/Pass. 6-Way Adj Lumbar Seats 150 134
  20. BC3 Upfit Interface Connectors 35 31
  21. BAJ 220 Amp Alternator 150 134
  22. AWF Cargo Convenience Group 95 85
  23. GTR Power Folding/Heated Mirrors 225 200
  24. CMC Heated Passenger Seat 170 151
  25. CMB Heated Driver Seat 170 151
  26. AJV Interior Convenience Group 200 178
  27. AHT Trailer Tow Group 395 352
  28. GFA Rear Window Defroster 150 134
  29. XAH Tire Sealant & Air Compressor 50 45
  30. 132 Zone 32-New York 0 0
  31. 4EX Sales Tracking 0 0
  32. Discounts: YGV 4.5 Additional Gallons of Gas 0 12
  33. Destination Fees: 995 995

Attachments

Reactions: Scott B

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have purchased 3 in the last year. The first was custom order 3500 ext right when they went on sale. We weren't able to get too much off but we had to have the vehicle. It was pretty much fully loaded. I think we end up just 3k under msrp but also got a good deal on our trade. We have owned this one for 10 months 20k miles so far and not too many problems. It did spend a month in the shop with a dash light that they finally fixed.

In feb we purchased two more a 1500 136 highroof msrp 32135 ended up paying 23285 excluding tax.

These two were pretty stock.
Options were
Windshield Document Holder
Engine: 3.6L V6 24V VVT
Right Sliding Door w/Fixed Glass
Cloth Bucket Seats
Rear Hinged Doors w/Fixed Glass
Transmission: 6-Speed Automatic 62TE
Interior Convenience Group
50 State Emissions
Shelf Above Roof Trim
Locking Glove Box
Quick Order Package 21A
Speed Control

The second one was a low roof 1500 136
msrp was 31010.
Ended up paying 22160 excluding tax.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Just made a deal on a 2015 Promaster optioned pretty much like I want. Picking it up monday. Thought I made a good deal, then I re-read this thread. Hmmm, maybe not.

2015 RAM PROMASTER CARGO 1500 HIGH ROOF 136" 3.6L V6

Trailer Tow Group $ 395
Class V Receiver Hitch
7 and 4 Pin Wiring Harness
Interior Convenience Group $ 200
Underseat Storage Tray
Over Head Storage Shelf
Locking Glove Box
Windshield Document Holder
Premium Appearance Group $ 195
Fog Lamps
Silver Grille (swapped for Black Grill, like it better)
Cargo Convenience Group $ 95
Cargo Net
Side Wall Cargo Tie Down Rings
Passenger Double Seat $ 225
Driver 6-Way Adjustable Lumbar Seat $ 100
Rear Hinged Doors with Glass $ 195
Power Folding / Heated Mirrors $ 225
Rear Heater - A/C Prep Package $ 110
12-Volt Rear Auxiliary Power Outlet $ 35
Daytime Running Headlamps $ 50
Speed Control $ 225
Uconnect® 5.0 AM/FM/CD/BT $ 350
GPS Antenna Input
5.0-Inch Touchscreen Display
Media Hub (USB, Aux)
Steering Wheel Mounted Audio Controls
Integrated Voice Command with
Bluetooth®
Leather-Wrapped Steering Wheel $ 145
ParkView(TM) Rear Back-Up Camera $ 230
Full Tank Unleaded Gas

$3230 below invoice (according to TrueCar)

Kip-on-truckin asked "what color?" ... THEY COME IN COLORS?!?!? :laugh:

·
Registered
435 Posts
Went to my dealer to take measurements in anticipation of 28JUN ship date. They (Frounter Dodge in Lubbock) still have 2 2014 diesel PMs. One 159, one 159EXT. Been there months. Mark knows PMs and is ready to sell below invoice he says but I didnt ask price.I'm reluctant now cause I could make a sure better deal than the 159 gasser I ordered.Not sure of the options, One with a bulkhead other with full panels. Might be right for someone. Did I say they are both white? Ask for Mark McCall 806-500-8253

·
Registered
154 Posts
Yep, a gasser. (Was hoping someone would say "Nah, you didn't do bad at all". Oh well ... 3200 under invoice and 1850 under TrueCar's "target" sounded good at the time, maybe I should start using a professional buyer.)

·
Registered
184 Posts
Iam just about ready to put down $31500 for a PM that lists for $36450. Found a 1500 low top, 118" diesel with most of the options I wanted. Very concerned about all the issues posted! Hope I'am making a good decision!

·
Premium Member
892 Posts
Yep, a gasser. (Was hoping someone would say "Nah, you didn't do bad at all". Oh well ... 3200 under invoice and 1850 under TrueCar's "target" sounded good at the time, maybe I should start using a professional buyer.)

You did fine. The best part is you got the van with the options you wanted. Don't use a car broker for a new vehicle. You can always do better yourself. Use a car broker for a used vehicle.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1 Posts
2014 2500 high roof 136" WB

Just got a new leftover 2014 Promaster 2500 , 136" with a sticker price of $ 34,160 for $26,673 from a dealer in Medina, Ohio. This included $3000 worth of rebates. I live in NH and couldn't find anything close to this price in NH or the Boston area. I flew out of Boston one way non-stop with Spirit airlines for $78 to Cleveland Ohio, the dealer picked me up at the airport and after a half-hour ride to the lot and 20 minutes later I was on my way . I had the salesman fed ex me all the paperwork so I could make sure the deal was as advertised before I flew out there. I hate spending any more time than I have to at car dealerships so this made it easy. I had already test drove a ProMaster and new how I wanted it equipped so it was easy to shop around. I found this van as a classified ad on Ebay motors.

·
Registered
406 Posts
I have been waiting for almost 2 years for the factory swivel seats. I will post more info in the swivel seat thread, but it looks like there will be more long delays before they become available. So I have also been looking at 2014's and 2015's on dealer lots with the model and options I want. It has been hard to find one that meets all my needs. I checked nationwide almost everyday and could not find one optioned the way I want.

There was one 2014 in Seattle which had everything I wanted except the additional key fobs and cargo convenience package. It also had about $2500 additional options which I would not have ordered. It was built in 8/2014 so it was almost a 2015. But since it was a 2014 it still had the Vanco tires and came with only one key fob. The dealer was not offering enough of a discount to make it worth it for me. My options were to order a new 2016 and wait until October (still without the swivel seats) or to continue to watch the dealer deliveries on 2015's.

The day after my 2016 order with swivel seats fell through because of lack of availability of the swivels, the Seattle dealer suddenly dropped the price another $2,000. Even though I think 2014's should have been discounted even more, I decided to buy it rather than wait any longer. MSRP on a similarly optioned 2016 would have been about $2000 more due to model year price increases.

So here is what I got:

2014 3500 159" EXT length Gas $36,150
DOT Certified Roadside Safety Kit $150
Trailer Tow Group $395
Interior Convenience Group $195
Premium Appearance Group $195
220A Alternator $150
Upfit Interface Connectors $35
Driver/Passenger 6 Way Adjustable lumbar Seats $100
Heated Driver Seat $170
Heated Passenger Seat $170
Rear Window Defroster $150
Sliding Passenger Side Sliding Door with Fixed Glass $125
Rear Hinged Door with Fixed Glass $75
Power Folding Heated Mirrors $225
12 V Rear Auxiliary Power Outlet $35
GPS $395
Daytime Running Headlights $50
Security Alarm $495
Speed Control $225
UConnect 5.0 Radio $350
Sirius Satellite Radio $195
Leather Wrapped Steering Wheel $145
16 Inch X 6.0 Aluminum Wheels $395
Park Sense Rear Park Assist System $250
Park View Rear Backup Camera $230
Destination Charge $995

MSRP $42,045

Dealer Discount ($5,046)
Rebate ($2,000)

Net Cost $34,999

·
Registered
142 Posts
I'm looking at a loaded 2015 118 Diesel, only option missing is heated seats, we negotiated down to $35k, MSRP is $40,590. This van would be turned into a pop top.Add 1k for shipping.

I am also looking at a 2014 136 High Gas, dual sliding doors, appearance option, all glass, wood floor, wall panels, no camera, generic seats, price is holding at $29,300, MSRP is $35,805. This van would get a tumble bench and/or an elevated platform. Add 1k for shipping.

I found a base model 118 Diesel for $29,500, but it would take a lot more work to make it mine. This one I could drive to buy.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Just picked up a 2014 3500 high top diesel with a few add ons... u connect, back up cam, ect MSRP 42k, bought it for 33K. So far I'm very happy, and obsessed with the RV conversion. I basically have been living on these pages the last couple weeks... more posts to come

·
Registered
98 Posts
I picked up a 2014 ProMaster 2500 159" High Roof, Gas unit today. Sticker was $37,930 and I paid $29,987.54 out the door. I reckon I got an OK deal... but I am pleased with the van even if not. I will be installing a Braun Century 2 wheelchair lift in the back. This is the primary reason I bought the van. I will convert the rest of the back to a point where we can sleep in the van instead of staying in motels on trips.

Options include:
Customer Preferred Package 21A
All the Standard Stuff
Interior Convenience Group (Shelf above roof trim, locking glove box)
Premium Appearance Group (Fog lamps, silver grill)
220 Amp Alternator
Sliding Passenger Door with Fixed Glass
Sliding Driver Door with Fixed Glass
Rear Hinged Doors with Fixed Glass
Power Folding Heated Mirror with Indicators
2 Additional Key Fobs
12v Rear Outlet
Daytime Running Lights
Cruise Control
Uconnect 5.0 with Touchscreen
Steering Wheel Mounted Audio Controls
Integrated Voice Command with Bluetooth
Sirius XM Radio
Leather Wrapped Steering Wheel
ParkView Rear Backup Camera
Tire Sealant and Air Compressor
Cargo Partition with Sliding Glass Window
Upgraded Cloth Seats

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just bought a red 2500 diesel high roof with sticker price of $41090. For 35k out the door, taxes and all. I think I got a good deal lots of bells and whistles.

·
Registered
21 Posts
2015 Promaster 2500 159 $31K!

Bought 2015 diesel 159 for $31k yesterday. That equals the best $2014 prices I was seeing. It had 460 miles. At night it was $38k on cargurus and next morning it was $31k. That afternoon it was ours. Got from Dick Hannah in Vancouver WA. Did everything but signing papers online and over the phone. Flew in, signed papers and drove away the next day. We like.

101 - 120 of 144 Posts