Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 20 of 144 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm curious of why folks in general are reluctant to post their price paid for vehicles? Its almost like asking them for a genitalia selfie.:eek:

·
Registered
654 Posts
I agree, if there is a dealer willing to get more volume in negotiating price, lets give them the business.

I am also interested in dealers who are attentive and helpful in custom orders.

·
Super Moderator
9,029 Posts
Mine had a sticker price of $36400 and I got it for $31995. Happy? I am!

·
Registered
654 Posts
Thanks, I think it would be useful for people to state whether the PM was on the lot, or custom order as well.

I would expect some deals out there on existing stock on dealer lots, once we get to late July, when 2015's are announced.

·
Registered
259 Posts
I'm curious of why folks in general are reluctant to post their price paid for vehicles? Its almost like asking them for a genitalia selfie.:eek:

Too embarrassed maybe that they didn't get the very best deal? Me, I make the best deal I can at the time and then forget about it, it's done and I really wanted this van. The "better deal" was probably only a few hundred anyway which over the at very least 7-10 years I plan to keep this van is beyond insignificant, a few bucks a month. Think about what most people pay for their gadgets/phones/tv PER MONTH!

·
Registered
62 Posts
When you add all monthly payments and down payment. It is more like between 40 and 50 k. This all depends what you get of course. High roof ,159wb, bins , partition, floor ect.. the list can really go on.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Hard to say exactly because I traded in my 2006 chevy express with a Knapehide KUV body. What I can say is how much I like the promaster. I agree with dawns early light photo, make my best deal at the time and move on.

·
Registered
473 Posts
I would tell you the price I paid but it would not be representative of what you would normally pay as I purchased a damaged unit and had the repairs done myself.

·
Super Moderator
9,029 Posts
I think you should be able to get between $4000 & $4500 off without much hassle. I wanted a long tall one with rear door and side door glass, uconnect, backup camera, gps, etc. they are not so easy to find with any good amount of upgrades and I had no desire to wait three or four months to order on. I found four that fit the bill. Three were about 100 miles away and the best they would deal was about $2000 off - no sale, then I found one ten miles from home that had just come in two days earlier that fit the bill. I emailed them for their best cash price and they came back $4400 under list. I drove down looked at it and bought it then and there, didn't even try to beat them down anymore!

·
Registered
358 Posts
I have no idea what a good price would be - I hate buying a new vehicle more than going to the dentist. SO. . . . For me, it's about the making the experience as hassle free as possible, knowing that I will will NEVER get the best price - I've got more important things to do with my time.

Bottom line, $3000 off the dealer invoice and the "deal" was done less than an hour after I walked in the door (including a test drive). Plus they "gave" me some stuff to make me feel good. One issue with my purchase was availability, I wanted it now. So they did remove a bulkhead and cargo side panels from a vehicle they had in stock - don't know if the average dealer would have done that.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I believe ordering a unit disqualifies you to take advantage of rebates both dealer and purchaser unless you take delivery during a promotion. Anyone chime in if I'm wrong. If you buy out of state, and live in ca, you can lower your sales taxes and yearly lic fees by reporting the price actually paid vs including rebates in sales price as the dealer do here. I don't understand why you pay tax on an amount more than you actually paid here in ca.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I ordered a granite crystal 2500 159" tall roof on 5-16-14. The MSRP on the van I ordered was $37,825. According to the dealer, the "invoice price" on this van was $35,690. The "hold back" was $1,105. Supposedly, actual dealer cost is invoice minus holdback which on my truck is $34,585. After a little negotiating, I told him I wanted to pay $34,872. They also are going to give me $17,000 trade in on my 2011 E-350 XLT wagon with 30,xxx miles and in above average condition. This falls right into blue book trade value. I thought I did pretty good. But according to some of the members on another thread, some may have gotten as much as $5000 off. I don't know if that included any of the commercial incentives. Ram Commercial incentives are available if you are a commercial customer. $500 cash plus $1000 up-fit, or $250 to $1000 graphics allowance, or 2 year lube, oil, filter service allowance, or $500 to $1000 Bosch tool allowance. The dealer told me that I qualify for whatever incentives are in effect when I take delivery, not when I order. What remains a mystery to me is: If Ram puts an end of the model year incentive on the remaining 2014s before I take delivery, do I then qualify for it? Usually there is a stipulation that it must be taken from dealer stock, but technically it will be dealer stock until I officially sign on the dotted line. Right now all I had to do is put $300 down to place the order. I guess I'll find out when it gets here. The estimated ship date for my van is 8-13-14.

1 - 20 of 144 Posts