Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to figure this out, every now and then my information center will say "Service tire pressure system"

Dealer checked all the tires, I checked all the tires, truck stop checked all the tires. Pressure's have been fine, the light goes out eventually, and comes back on randomly.

If I have a tire low, will it say "Tire pressure low"? Or does the more ambiguous "Service tire pressure system" message actually mean a tire is low?

·
Registered
473 Posts
If the tire is low it just illuminates the tire logo on the dash. You have a different problem. I think there is a computer update to fix this issue.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
According to my records, I had the TPMS update done, one dealer kept insisting that my tires were low. They reset the light, did all the pressures, I left the shop and about 10 miles later it said "Service tire pressure system" again.

Unfortunately with them, it can take a week or more to get in, and by that time the message is back off.

·
Premium Member
8,810 Posts
Interesting as I had that message on and off for 8 months and thought it was some issue with my tire pressure but I had the most recent ECM update done a month ago along with the Switch recall and I haven't had it since! I presume it was the update.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, this is still on ongoing issue, but as usual, by the time my service appointment comes around, it's off.

The last go around they checked all the wiring and replaced the TPMS module, to no effect. Last thing they did was disconnect the aftermarket (compustar) alarm system since it connects to the cam bus. It stayed off for a while, but then came back on, so I hooked it all back up and it would go on and off randomly, or so I thought.

Turns out that it seems to come on when it's hotter out, say 80-90 degrees, which we had a few. Then it was cool a couple days, and it was off, sure enough, the next hot day and it came back on.

Of course I took it to the dealer today and it was cool out so it turned off, imagine that :/

Anyways, it can't be the alarm as it's been going ever since I bought it, doesn't matter alarm or not, but these hot days have me pondering more.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts