Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This thread on the Sprinter forum is about a pre fab aluminum skeleton for cabinets. I don't know how Sprinter-specific the dimensions are, but they might work for a Promaster. I'm sure adjustments could be made.

https://sprinter-source.com/forum/showthread.php?t=74955

I like the idea because most deigns aren't really unique in basic layout and dimensions. I could see it as a great jump start for anyone staring at a blank sheet of paper wondering how to get started.

It is nice to have options.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Considering that a lot of vanners don't have a fab shop available , the kit approach is great . 80% of kitchens go in the same place , cribs , same , etc. Hopefully they get cheaper and more accessible . And that way more folks can get in the game .

·
Registered
443 Posts
very neat! I think this is needed in the DIY camper van market.

Another approach to do this would be for someone to design everything using aluminum extrusion then specify the parts/pieces. Buyer pays and then seller sends instructions to 8020 who will cut, drill and ship everything directly to the buyer, the seller doesn't have to handle any product and would just send instructions to the buyer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
3 Participants
afox
Ram Promaster Forum
We’re a community forum dedicated to Promaster enthusiasts to discuss mods, camper conversions, diesel, fuel economy, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing