Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I'm ready to pull the trigger on a 2015/159" tall PM ordered to my specs, but I have a few questions after my initial visit with the dealer.
1. The dealer was unable to check the swivel seat option that I wanted on his build sheet. Any ideas why?
2. I'm going to be using the PM as a toy hauler and every day driver. I am planning on outfitting the inside with Mac's Tracks or similar on floors and walls. Is there any advantage/disadvantage to the factory wall coverings that appear to cover the studs/support beams on the walls as opposed to leaving them exposed? I am planning to insulate the walls myself.
3. Is the factory wood floor an OK option for me? It seems like the aftermarket floors are pretty expensive and if the wood one doesn't work for me or last, it's not too expensive of an option.
4. I didn't see any mention of a factory option for roof rails to attach my rack to.

Have these options become unavailable? Any input would be appreciated.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Swivel seats aren't available yet but you can buy them online for $250 ea. Suggest you find one optioned out close to what you want to take advantage of the $8k savings off sticker that most dealers are willing to discount now. Mine 2500 high roof, 38K sticker (no markup), got it for $30k. I'm not alone.

·
Registered
604 Posts
1. Swivels? Don't know why they can't order. They can be bought and installed as aftermarket, for cheaper, $250 each seat. Can't say if there is a quality difference between OEM and aftermarket.

2. The stock wall coverings are just plastic panels. Nothing special. You can make or buy better. Lots of ideas if you look, from members on here.

3. Haven't seen many positive comments on the factory floor. I guess it's ok? I think someone said it's glued down so you're sort of stuck with it. Again you can do better DIY or aftermarket. Building your own would work quite well since you want to incorporate a tie-down system into it.

4. There are "anchors" built onto/into the roof for attaching racks. Not a system that you can directly use with Thule or Yakima racks and the like at this time. There are some very nice rack systems available though.

A seriously enormous wealth of info on this forum if you take the time to read through it all. You'll probably be able to plan out all your mods before you even get your PM. You'll certainly be an expert on them, more so than most dealers are.

Good luck!

·
Registered
963 Posts
Assuming your dealer is actually on your side, I see no reason why you don't qualify for the $1000 up fitters allowance. Chrysler will pay $1000 to an up fitter for whatever you like. No, you don't get to keep the change. I spent mine on a plywood floor with E track installed for securing pallets.

The wood floor that came in the PM, which isn't really wood, isn't too bad, but it's not that great either. It will make a handy cutting template though.

I think you're on to something with the daily driven PM idea. Comparable mileage to an SUV, actually priced less, with about 10 times the room. I would think for a toy hauler you could live without the 3500 extended. You're paying a lot for the extra, what, 12". So far as we can tell, there's no real difference between the 2500 and the 3500.

Trucar.com will give you the invoice price through it's configuration, and that's the price you should pay. You can beat the dealer down for a little less (perhaps 1000-1500), but you should feel good about paying invoice and not having to haggle. If they try to get anything above invoice out of you, walk away and take your business down the street. Franchise law requires that dealers ship requested cars between dealerships, so if you find the exact one you want on the lot, any dealer in the country can put it in your driveway.

As to options I think you have it pretty much nailed down. I will say that the uConnect 5.0 was the bargain of the century at $300 bucks. It's worth it just for the hands free calling. Even more useful are the trip odometers and range estimates. Yes, even without connect you can get that info on the dash display, but it's clumsier. Oh yeah, you also get the backup camera with the 5.0. Worth it? You bet.

Skip the full blown navigation options. You'll use your phone or buy a $100 Garmin.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I forget where I seen it, but swivel seats won't be available for order until December/January. As mentioned a couple times, yes you can buy an aftermarket swivel base. BUT I sat in one of the RV conversions that had the PM swivel seat and it was much nicer than the standard. I asked several people about it and they said the seat was factory so I guess the swivel seats have been available to upfitters, just not the general public.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Is is possible that swivel seats are available only to certain buyers, such as Winnebago?

I can't find them on the website configurator, so it makes me think they can't be specified by just anyone.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Is is possible that swivel seats are available only to certain buyers, such as Winnebago?

I can't find them on the website configurator, so it makes me think they can't be specified by just anyone.
For 2015, the swivel seats are listed as "Late Availability". According to the Donlen website, the swivel seats will begin production on 1/1/15. That date has been pushed back a few times before so it may change again. The Ram Trucks build site is still showing 2014 models, but I have built and priced a 2015 on Edmunds, NADA etc. The swivel seat is $495 MSRP, $441 Invoice and ordering either the driver swivel or passenger swivel requires both. Also, ordering swivels does not allow one to order lumbar adjustment seats or suspension seats.

Here is the Donlen link:

http://donlen.com/production-trucks-chrysler.aspx

·
Registered
6 Posts
My local Dealer inquired and was told that for 2015 the swivel seats would only be sold to fleet buyers and up fitters. But I have been told many things from many uninformed Dealers as well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts