Ram Promaster Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been searching for something like a curtain made to separate the cab/back of my high roof Promaster. ideally would like to have one made professionally since I can't sew. Anyone know of anything out there? There's a bunch of companies doing window covers, but as far as I can tell nothing like this.

i've done the amazon curtain thing, and they just end up being either too long or too short, and end up looking like garbage after a while.

If you've done something interesting, would also be interested in hearing about it - photos would be great too, with details on how you've hung it for storage.

·
Registered
56 Posts
If it must be a blackout curtain, then disregard the following. If you are seeking a quick, easy, cheap, and compact privacy curtain, then read on. We used a cloth shower curtain. I ran paracord through the hang holes, and when we want to deploy it, we hang the cord’s end loops on a couple of small hooks. A small cord loop easily sewn on each side of the curtain ties off, and we have complete privacy in under a minute. It stows in a bag the size of a 1 liter water bottle.

·
Registered
2017 136” HR
523 Posts
Bought a set of 62” long blackout curtains from Walmart as a prototype. Used picture wire and turn buckle from HD to attach it.
Fixture Gas Tints and shades Automotive tire Automotive exterior

Car Automotive tire Vehicle Hood Automotive lighting

Automotive tire Hood Automotive exterior Motor vehicle Fender

Motor vehicle Window Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive design

·
Registered
2019 Promaster Cargo High Roof 159" wheelbase diy conversion
9 Posts
I had heavy duty blackout curtains from Bed, Bath and Beyond. I simply run a bungee cord through the hanging loops and attach the ends of the bungee to the D-rings. Easy on/off. Eventually I sewed in neodymium magnets on the sides of each curtain panel so that there is a better closure when I pull the curtains closed.

·
Registered
830 Posts
I went with the similar Walmart acquired blackout curtain as MaggieMarty, but in a longer version that had very large metal grommets at the top. I can sew a little, but no longer have a machine, so I talked my Mother into hemmed the bottom edge for me.

I kept it about 1" shy of the floor and added some magnets into the hem to hold it against the floor, attached the driver's side permanently to the wall, and on the passenger's side I added magnets to hold it to the sliding door. To hold it up I used a very heavy bungee cord so that I could easily pull it down to look out through the front.

·
Registered
2016 136 HT Gasser
207 Posts
Old sleeping bag, Ikea curtain rod slipped though slits at the top, magnets secured with Gorilla tape along the sides and bottom. Yee-hah! With the plaid innards of the sleeping bag(s) facing in I gots trailer trash chic. That Go-rilla tape'll stick to snot and holds the magnets just fine. Same set up for rear doors. Slider has magnets top, bottom and sides. R-factor? Lo siento, no comprendo.

·
Registered
2021 159" H.R. Silver
34 Posts
Maybe something like this...

Not cheap, but professionally made.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Neither my wife nor I sew. She was in charge of the blackout curtain. She selected some fabric and located someone in our (small) town to sew the curtains. Asked around on one of the local-type sites like Nextdoor or maybe even Facebook. Turns out there are many people with sewing machines who would be willing to help out if you offer to throw a few bucks their way.

the wife ended up going back to the seamstress to get a extra layer of fabric added - she’s a late sleeper and the morning sun thru the front windshield can really light the place up, even with a single layer curtain.

Someone on this site posted about a plastic extrusion curtain track. We bought that and it works really well. It is Installed with some plastic inserts. Our curtain is split in the middle and tied back on both sides when not in use. In the mornings I can sit up front, swivel the passenger seat 90 degrees, relax and drink tea and read without disturbing her. The system works well for us.

·
Registered
2019 159 High Top - White, of course!
421 Posts
I also used a series of three blackout curtain from Walmart, black on the cab side to really look empty from outside. It is strung on a shower curtain rod located just above the storage shelf. It completely blocks out the light from inside when closed.

Property Wood Interior design House Shade

Vehicle Motor vehicle Car Automotive design Head restraint

Sleeve Gesture Collar Wood Automotive exterior

·
Registered
2019 Ram Promaster 2500
10 Posts
We went to the local upholstery shop and used boat top tubing with rings. It was a couple hundred dollars but he made the window curtains out of the same material. Sewn in magnets and also snaps on the back windows as we usually hit it while sleeping send ripped it down with magnets. Snaps worked much better.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts