Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Ram Promaster 2500 159" diesel
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Checked all my fluids and changed my oil today. Power steering fluid (Pentosin CHF 11S $23.99 a liter) down to minimum and my diesel looked like a Detroit diesel looked like oil all over the power steering motor, hose and oil pan. I'm packing up for my trip back to Texas other wise I would go to a dealer for a fix ill see if they will top off reservoir.

·
Premium Member
8,809 Posts
Try spraying an engine cleaner on everthing and hosing it off, then start up and you should be able to see where it is coming from. Loose fitting, or cracked hose or piping might prevent you from getting there. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
P.S. high pressure line LEAK

It appears to be the high pressure line from the electric pump to the P.S.gear/motor diesel part #68167920AA . The line is #2 in the online diagrams and the leak appears to be at the second flex hose crimp from the banjo. The part lists for $248 so everybody check yours before your warranty is up. I know it can be bought for less and a hydraulic shop repair would be less still. Gassers yours is a different part # but still costly.

·
Registered
171 Posts
It appears to be the high pressure line from the electric pump to the P.S.gear/motor diesel part #68167920AA . The line is #2 in the online diagrams and the leak appears to be at the second flex hose crimp from the banjo. The part lists for $248 so everybody check yours before your warranty is up. I know it can be bought for less and a hydraulic shop repair would be less still. Gassers yours is a different part # but still costly.
Maybe You could, if You are out warranty, ask to FCA if they cover it, at least the part cost, since it seems to be a defective part from the supplier.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dealer filled my PS and coolant up, been driving for 2 days and they are still full (to my witness mark). They used Gulf select PS fluid a commercial product. What I found online says it has a leak sealer. When I get back to TX I'll have my dealer look at it.

·
Premium Member
2016 3500 ext-ht
454 Posts
Having my power steering pump replaced under warranty @96k miles. Pump is currently back ordered with no ETA.
Grateful I found the OP's thread and checked. I never noticed the leak but the fluid was really low and they said the pump was almost shot.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts