Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a 2014 with power heated folding mirrors. Having an issue with the drivers side mirror not folding when activated. Passenger side is fine.
Anyone have any issues with this? Not sure exactly how it works, but the mirror will move a little bit then stops. Once pulled in it will fold out OK, its just when being folded.

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
10,668 Posts
Mine does the same thing. The drivers side starts to close but then stops and I have to pull it in manually. I very rarely close them so it's not really anything I think about much. The passenger side always works fine.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Mine does that intermittently, too. I think something in the mechanism requires lubrification, but I haven't gotten further into it than that.

·
Registered
2014 3500ext Gas - VA
252 Posts
Same thing happens on my 2014 3500ext... intermittent on both mirrors... I gently nudge the offending mirror and hit the button again and it folds in.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Mine did that the day I first had my break down due to the transmission. They replaced the whole mirror under warranty.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I have this issue on the drivers side. Sometimes it will fold in, other times it won't. Most times if it folds in, it won't go back out without help.
Sometimes when I have pulled it in manually, it will fold out under power like it should.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Dirty contacts in the switch? Could try some electronic cleaning spray in it.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Dirty contacts in the switch? Could try some electronic cleaning spray in it.
Nope. You can hear the motor running. The mirror simply doesn't move sometimes. There is something broken or loose mechanically.
Some background. I was sideswiped and the drivers side mirror mostly sheared off. Bought a mirror on EBAY and it worked fine for a year or so. Dug out the bag of broken parts from the original mirror.. >>> Mirror - Google Drive <<<<
Strongly suspect one of the plastic lugs has worn down/broken on the one from EBAY.
Planning on taking the one off the truck and seeing if this is true. If it is, hope I can replace it with the one I have.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Well. Took the mirror off thinking based on the pieces I had from the damaged one, that I would be able to at least see those plastic lugs. No Dice.
Closer inspection of the broken pieces of the old mirror and a close inspection of the EBAY one make it clear that somehow, the outside front plastic housing of the mirror should be removable.

Based on other things about this vehicle, (the bezel under the headlights, the moding around the windows) I suspect there is a very specific place that one must start prying between the pieces and then work around the edge in a specific direction to get it off without breaking anything.
OR
That there may be a way to remove the mirrors to get to some screws that would release the front outside housing.

Anyone know it there is a way to replace individual mirrors.?

·
Registered
1 Posts
To remove the mirror there are two torx screws visible inside where the door hinges are and then pull the window trim inside back on the same edge of the door where the mirror is mounted and you will see two more screws. That’s all that’s holding the mirror. Then you have to disconnect the electric connectors.

·
Registered
144 Posts
If you had read my post, you would notice that I have already now twice removed and reinstalled the whole mirror.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts