Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
are the heated mirrors automatic. I couldn't find any info online or in the owners manual. also has anyone figured how to raise the clip board on the dash,i have seen a pic with it up. i'm worried I will break it(tried to pull on it)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't have a rear window but they charged me for heated mirrors. I saw that on the ducato but not definite on the ram.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Mine doesn't have rear windows either but I read somewhere that they operate when the defroster is on. I guess that means when the HVAC is in the defrost mode. Mine haven't frozen yet and we've had a few snow days here.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I was just coming back from seattle to chicago and got hit with some pretty nasty weather, and I couldn't see anything in my frozen side mirrors. Guess they are not heated...

Does anyone knows if you could purchase an aftermarket heated mirrors?

·
Registered
23 Posts
are the heated mirrors automatic. I couldn't find any info online or in the owners manual. also has anyone figured how to raise the clip board on the dash,i have seen a pic with it up. i'm worried I will break it(tried to pull on it)
Occs the clipboard does not flip up. I broke ours before driving out of the dealer lot on delivery. They fixed it under warranty, but it certainly doesn't go up.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for the heads up on the clip board- I was going to tackle that today. saved me a trip to the parts store.:)

·
Registered
14 Posts
This heated mirror issue is one that I've been wondering about as well. I have heated power mirrors installed. In the CD drivers manual, it explains that the heated mirrors are activated when the rear window defrost is turned on. I don't have a rear defrost so don't have that option. Did they just screw this up? Did they forgot to require these two options be linked? Something stinks. I would like a button on my dash with a picture of heated mirrors.

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
This heated mirror issue is one that I've been wondering about as well. I have heated power mirrors installed. In the CD drivers manual, it explains that the heated mirrors are activated when the rear window defrost is turned on. I don't have a rear defrost so don't have that option. Did they just screw this up? Did they forgot to require these two options be linked? Something stinks. I would like a button on my dash with a picture of heated mirrors.
Push in the center very right button on the climate controls and see if it works?

·
Registered
129 Posts
I have the same set up. No rear window defroster but heated mirrors. You turn on the mirrors by pushing the right knob in the heat / AC controls. It is the knob that sends the air out different outlets. In the middle it says push. If you also had the rear window defroster, it would also work that.

·
Registered
473 Posts
I have the same set up. No rear window defroster but heated mirrors. You turn on the mirrors by pushing the right knob in the heat / AC controls. It is the knob that sends the air out different outlets. In the middle it says push. If you also had the rear window defroster, it would also work that.
It is snowing today and my mirrors were getting slushy so I tried to push that button and it definitely doesn't push. Guess I'ii have to call Chrysler and ask them how the heated mirrors work.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Heated mirrors are connected to the rear defrost windows. If you don't have rear defrost you don't get the button to turn on the mirrors
I don't have any rear windows, but I still have the button, when I push it the light comes on and the mirrors heat up.
Sounds like they didn't install the option or the button is defective

·
Registered
259 Posts
I don't have any rear windows, but I still have the button, when I push it the light comes on and the mirrors heat up.
Sounds like they didn't install the option or the button is defective
No rear windows either but mine has the button and it lights up when pressed and heated mirrors worked this morning (19 degrees.) Sounds like those who paid for heated mirrors but have no button need to have a discussion with the dealer...

·
Registered
108 Posts
Same situation on my 2500. Took back to dealer and they tried changing dash switch. Nothing. Next trip they said heated mirrors were not programmed. Chrysler said to take to another dealer. Sounds like heated mirrors were not installed. May be a few vans affected. Van purchased also early in November.

·
Registered
473 Posts
I received a call from Chrysler support about my lack of button to turn on the heated mirrors. They said they have a fix for it and will contact me tomorrow to follow up.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts