Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do all PMs have 'power adjustable mirrors' standard? And the 'power folding / heated mirrors' is an additional option?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good to know... but I've never seen 'power adjustable mirrors' listed as an option on any window sticker. Maybe you have to get the 'power folding/heated' to get the power adjustable? It's either both or nothing?

·
Registered
625 Posts
I chose the power folding/heated mirrors, work great. I vaguely recall some discussions quite awhile back with someone commenting they were getting along OK with just the manual adjust mirrors (but that might have been on the Transit forums).

I do recall that if you get the extended mirrors you can not get the folding option, and maybe not the heated option. But you would only need the extended ones if you were frequently towing a wide trailer.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Power Adjustable Mirrors

Good to know... but I've never seen 'power adjustable mirrors' listed as an option on any window sticker. Maybe you have to get the 'power folding/heated' to get the power adjustable? It's either both or nothing?
Myke,

What KilWerBzz said.

Be warned, you would think that power adjustable mirrors would be standard but they are not. The dealer has to enter the correct code when ordering a PM. You are right its not listed as an option to the retail buyer. I think this is set up this way for large fleet orders where small savings add up fast.

My dealer entered the wrong code on my factory order and it showed up without power mirrors and no heating. It still makes my blood boil:( The dealer said they would make good on a fix, but they have not and as it turns out my PM does not have the wiring harness to install the mechanicals.

The dealer I chose turned out to be an old school rip off dealer. I ordered from this dealer because they were local. So much for supporting local businesses.

Happy shopping,

Dave

·
Premium Member
8,845 Posts
I did not opt for the adjustable mirrors when I ordered. I have to manually adjust them. It is actually no problem as no one else drives my van. I have them adjusted for me and it need not change. If my wife or someone else drives my van they will be warned not to adjust the mirrors. A couple hundred dollars in savings I am happy to pocket. Happy, happy, happy.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I to am the only driver but I like my power adjustable folding mirrors if anything when they get washed sometimes go out of alignment and much easier to adjust sitting in driver seat then to go back and forth inside and outside to manually adjust them. I didn't order my van but found one with 95% what I wanted. Couple things I wish I had where the driver slider door and the tow package which I will be adding the tow package later but the drivers sliding side door I'm out of luck on

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Be warned, you would think that power adjustable mirrors would be standard but they are not. The dealer has to enter the correct code when ordering a PM. You are right its not listed as an option to the retail buyer. I think this is set up this way for large fleet orders where small savings add up fast.
I'm still a bit confused on this. So is it possible to have power adjustable but not power/folding heated? And if so, I guess there would be no way to tell by looking at the window sticker?

I did not opt for the adjustable mirrors when I ordered. I have to manually adjust them. It is actually no problem as no one else drives my van. I have them adjusted for me and it need not change. If my wife or someone else drives my van they will be warned not to adjust the mirrors. A couple hundred dollars in savings I am happy to pocket. Happy, happy, happy.
I to am the only driver but I like my power adjustable folding mirrors if anything when they get washed sometimes go out of alignment and much easier to adjust sitting in driver seat then to go back and forth inside and outside to manually adjust them. I didn't order my van but found one with 95% what I wanted. Couple things I wish I had where the driver slider door and the tow package which I will be adding the tow package later but the drivers sliding side door I'm out of luck on
See, I could do without the power folding/heated, but power adjustable is important for me; for the fact that when someone's lights are shining into the mirror from behind I can just angle it away, then back when the lights are gone. I hate when that happens...

·
Registered
97 Posts
These vans sit pretty high so can't say headlights behind me have ever been a problem. Although during the day the sun comes crashing in on you because of the huge windows and from sitting up so close to them.., to fix that I just had ALL Windows tinted 20-35% yesterday! Tint helps on headlights coming in on you from the side mirrors as well. The tint is full ceramic which has a lifetime warranty from fading or bubbles/peeling and blocks something like 50 percent heat and 97% UV rays. Looks dark from the outside looking in but from inside looking out is clear and sees well during the day and even last night while driving no issues seeing 95% compared to non tinted windows

Attachments

·
Registered
97 Posts
You can tint the windshield legally?
Well... Technically it's legal to tint just not drive on public streets!
they allow this loop hole because of show cars and stuff.. 20 years ago back when I had a lowered with loud exhaust Honda Civic I got pulled over twice a week for various things one being tinted (NOT windshield) front side Windows which in California was/is illegal).. Sense then I grew up and my last several vehicles have been mostly Jeeps/full size Chevy Trucks/even a minivan) which half of those had/have tinted front side Windows (2 of them the windshields).. Out of those vehicles (19 years) I have received one ticket for front side window tint.. Its so bright/hot/sunny here in Southern California with many days especially in the summer being 100°-110°+ that it's a must to have tinted windows for me as I'm in my vehicles most of the day (basically it's my office).. Again these vans are 70% Windows in the cab areas, good thing there's no sun roof

·
Registered
2014 136” HR
5,959 Posts
I have Systemic Lupus. UVA could literally kill me and I go to ridiculous lengths to avoid it. All my other windows are tinted to the max legal limit, but nobody will touch the windshield. This means long sleeve shirt, gloves, etc. How I wish!

We have that 110° here in OK, too, but I have been amazed at how little heat builds up in the van since I insulated the roof, even if I don't cover the windshield.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I feel for you! Medical issue I think you can legally have fronts tinted here in California with a doctors note! (I read it somewhere) (not sure about windshield though).. If your ever in Southern California let me know (I know someone :)

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ok, worst hijack ever!

Can we get back to the thread topic which there is still an unanswered question I'm trying to get info on which is:

Is it possible to have 'power adjustable' but not 'power/folding heated' mirrors? And if so, I guess there would be no way to tell by looking at the window sticker?

(The tinting does look good though :))

·
Registered
97 Posts
My bad :)
I to assumed with power folding and even without would have power adjustment.. Mine came with the power folding and luckily it has the power adjustment to BUT I did not notice that till day after I bought it!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Here is a picture of the power folding and adjustable mirrors on the driver's door panel on my van.. slight chance maybe some interior pictures on a van at dealers lot might show this then you would know if it has or not

Attachments

·
Registered
233 Posts
Some Hijacks are good

Ok, worst hijack ever!

Can we get back to the thread topic which there is still an unanswered question I'm trying to get info on which is:

Is it possible to have 'power adjustable' but not 'power/folding heated' mirrors? And if so, I guess there would be no way to tell by looking at the window sticker?

(The tinting does look good though :))
Myke,

To my recollection this is how the options work and is listed on the build site:

1) No nothing caveman no charge, so no power adjust, no heat, no power folding. Note: this is not listed on the build site, the dealer needs to know the code to enter to get zero options

2) power adjustable mirrors (I think its listed as "power heated mirrors"), you will get heat with this option

3) "Power folding mirrors" you will get: power adjust, heat and power fold.

Myke, sometimes getting hijacked is the best way to learn something new;) Be Patient or people won't want to respond;) and you will have to do your digging.

MsNomer,

You can get ceramic tinted widow tint designed for your front window and it is legal as its clear http://www.formulaonetinting.com/window-films-offerred/58.html I'll be using some version of clear ceramic tint on my front windshield.

Cheers,

Dave

·
Premium Member
8,845 Posts
Worst jijack EVER? I guess thus is your first day on forums! Happy you got your answer but the Ram Build site has all you need. Suggest you try to answer your own question if it is so easy!
Give us a harder one! Best

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
^^ Um, well excuse me... thread topic is about mirrors and it turned into window tinting... if that ain't a textbook hijack i don't know what is. That being said, I don't really care and was kidding about it... isn't that what a smiley face means?!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Here is a picture of the power folding and adjustable mirrors on the driver's door panel on my van.. slight chance maybe some interior pictures on a van at dealers lot might show this then you would know if it has or not
Cool, thanks. Yes, but my question was can it have one and not the other?

Myke,

To my recollection this is how the options work and is listed on the build site:

1) No nothing caveman no charge, so no power adjust, no heat, no power folding. Note: this is not listed on the build site, the dealer needs to know the code to enter to get zero options

2) power adjustable mirrors (I think its listed as "power heated mirrors"), you will get heat with this option

3) "Power folding mirrors" you will get: power adjust, heat and power fold.

Myke, sometimes getting hijacked is the best way to learn something new;) Be Patient or people won't want to respond;) and you will have to do your digging.

MsNomer,

Cheers,

Dave
Thanks, interesting regarding #2 . I don't think I've seen it listed like that, but I will keep an eye out for it now; it makes sense.

The guy at the dealer was pretty sure you could get one without the other but even he wasn't totally sure...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts