Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Promaster Silver 1500 low roof
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I bought my van over a month ago, I paid for (and have a copy of the window sticker showing it was part of the price) a $150 rubber slush/floor mat. During the pre-sale 'inspection' the dealer noted it was missing and said it would be there when they delivered it to me. A week later (after a bunch of delays in delivering) it arrived in my driveway with a crappy carpet mat and I asked the guys who delivered it if that was 'the mat' I paid for .. they said yes. It was NOT. So I called the salesman who sold me the vehicle and asked about it.

At first he denied he hadn't delivered the van with the right mat but then agreed with me. It would take a 'while' he said to find one but he would. I waited 2 weeks. Nothing. I called .. he doesn't answer me any more (I've been very nice and polite all along) so I left a (nice but insistent) message. He responded by email saying his brother was very ill but he would attend to the problem by last weekend. I then had to visit the dealership to pick up my plate and I mentioned this issue to several people there (he wasn't around) .. and they seemed baffled (in a relatively small dealership where they've all known each other forever I bet) about the brother is ill thing but said I'd have to talk to the salesman again.

This morning I placed another call that he didn't answer and this time I was a lot more firm - and I may have mentioned the word 'fraud' - and told him half the problem was he was uncommunicative. He's avoiding me. This is all over a $150 floor mat for a vehicle I know he charged me way too much for but I let him do that part. Not getting away with this. They robbed Peter to pay Paul I'm sure but that shouldn't be my problem. Pretty stupid of him to do this imho. He has no idea if I have influence over future customers.

What do I do now? Go up the line and find out who owns the dealership? I am darned tired of being treated like garbage after sale and I will get my floor mat .. just not sure what my next step should be. Ideas?

·
Super Moderator
8,672 Posts
What does your order/invoice say on it? If it doesn’t say anything it’s your word against his, unfortunately. I would take it up with the sales manager or dealership owner (If you can find him) ASAP.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I said leave yelp review on the dealership helps getting stuff moving faster. Agree with Keeponvaning, don't bother with the saleman and going with manager and owner. Get all your paper ready, email printed. Tell them they have a day to figure it out. Its not hard and its only $150 mat( probably a lot cheaper on dealer's price).

Reactions: Deryn

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I said leave yelp review on the dealership helps getting stuff moving faster. Agree with Keeponvaning, don't bother with the saleman and going with manager and owner. Get all your paper ready, email printed. Tell them they have a day to figure it out. Its not hard and its only $150 mat( probably a lot cheaper on dealer's price).
Thanks. I know .. it's such a small thing to lose reputation over, isn't it?

I am not sure what papers (other than the window sticker downloaded image .. which I just noticed doesn't have the VIN on it) I even have. People here knew what vehicle I was looking at - the sticker was posted here along with the link to it on the dealer site. When I went in to buy the PM finally, all I was given was just a copy of the loan agreement I signed and that doesn't list the included items. I guess it serves me right for still trusting people in today's world. The salesperson is the Fleet Sales Manager.

This line from the email he sent me a week ago Sunday might have been a mistake on his part .. as a phone call would have had no record at all .. "I will make sur we take care of the mat issue hopefully by the end of this coming week."

·
Registered
710 Posts
It's fairly common for salespeople to steal mats from one vehicle to make a sale on another , a real PITA . Upper management / owner for you . Go ahead and name that dealer so they can be avoided .

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
It's fairly common for salespeople to steal mats from one vehicle to make a sale on another , a real PITA . Upper management / owner for you . Go ahead and name that dealer so they can be avoided .
Thanks. Name deleted for now - because he just called me. Nice guy, low key, I liked him but I cannot condone this. It's sleazy.

Yes, I realize that is what happened .. but I am not going to be the end of the 'chain of events' of that type if I can help it. If they had not charged me for the mat I would be ok with this ... and that would have been that as far as I am concerned but I know they did - it is listed on the window sticker - which I verbally confirmed as being all that was included - as part of the options each with a price attached so even though I didn't pay the full price for the vehicle as advertised I expected everything listed to be in the van and everything else was. No options were explicitly listed on the 'buyer's order' (to show me the dealer price offer) the dealer sent me by email prior to the purchase. There is a 'savings' section off the top and a 'rebate' section off the bottom. Nothing under 'accessories' - not sure if that should have listed all options but the top price listed included the add-on options as it was much higher than the base price.

I got nothing extra except one might call the battery a 'freebie' but no deal was made to swap the mat for that battery. I believe they had to install a new battery because it was probably dead from being on the lot a year - I was told no to that originally and then suddenly he 'threw that in' with some lame explanation about how the warrantee on the battery couldn't start till the vehicle was sold. No discount for any option was specified anywhere - and that was acknowledged (though grudgingly perhaps) verbally and then in that email clip (though it doesn't specify 'what mat' was at issue).

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I JUST got a call from the dealer. Not entirely sure what prompted that. Says he will work on this today and call me back Tuesday. Hope he means it. I am going to delete his name from that other post for the time being.

·
Registered
7 Posts
That’s why I never fill out the Dealer satisfaction survey (that gets emailed to you after you purchase a new vehicle) until everything is done. It’s how they get paid.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That’s why I never fill out the Dealer satisfaction survey (that gets emailed to you after you purchase a new vehicle) until everything is done. It’s how they get paid.
I haven't filled mine out either .. got it a week or so ago. Didn't know they get paid off that though.

Anyway .. I finally got (what I hope is) a good response. Dealer claims he tramped round the whole lot and couldn't find one so says he's ordered a mat for me and it should be here Tuesday.

·
Registered
710 Posts
I don't know about getting "paid" but they do get more gold stars , and better priority when ordering inventory etc.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Picked up the rubber mat today. Really light. Surprised me. Gave them back that crappy carpet piece. But, at any rate, this particular issue is closed, thank goodness.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Glad it all worked out OK!

Reactions: Deryn

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The results of the survey directly impact the pay of the person you were dealing with.
Having resolved the rubber mat issue, today I began filling out the survey. The survey I was asked to fill out presumes I have actually used the van I think .. for quite some time. But, I struggled through it till .. well, not sure it was at the end but it was quite a way in .. when they asked me to select from lists what vehicle I had .. and I did till they asked the year .. and the list ends at 2017! I have a brand new 2019. I clicked out of there in a hurry. I may like the vehicle (not sure yet .. 12 miles is all I have driven it still) but if that is an indication of how much they care about my opinion after sale, I'm not going to bother. Sort of like getting the $500 off a new PM coupon 3 days after my new vehicle was delivered. Doesn't inspire confidence .. will rely on you here more than them.

·
Registered
127 Posts
My factory mat is anything but light! It’s sitting in my driveway in FL. Come get it if you want it. 159 non ext.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
My factory mat is anything but light! It’s sitting in my driveway in FL. Come get it if you want it. 159 non ext.
That's generous of you but I have a 136". FL isn't that far from me but I don't think I need it. Maybe someone else does though. Are you talking about the back or front mat?

The van was supposed to include the front mat. Tried to trade that option for the back one but was told they didn't have any to trade so I bought a bedrug for the back. I won't be completing the floor for a while and with that installed for now I can at least kneel on the floor without it killing my knees. I may have it to give away too some day though.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts