Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know where I can order a window with hinges to replace the panel on my driver's side sliding door? The previous owner put one in on the passenger side but left the panel in on the driver's side. I've been looking online (Mopar) and also called the dealership and all I can find is the fixed glass or the power window glass. I believe the fixed glass would be the same but instead of 3 screws I would need 2 hinges and a latch. I even saw a brand new 2017 wagon at a dealership a few months ago that had pop outs instead of power windows on the sliders so they must come from the factory right?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Rectalogic - I believe that is a fixed glass window from Mopar. That's all I could find on their website and I even called them and they told me they didn't have any pop out window with hinges. I'm pretty sure that glass will work but you need to find the hinges and latch. If you look at the diagram that just comes with three screws.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
HeartlessMac - I called the dealership yesterday and he said he couldn't find anything except for the fixed glass window which they also get from Mopar. He said to be able to order a pop out window from the factory I would have to give him the VIN of a PMC that had them installed at the factory. Would you be willing to share your VIN with me?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Weird. Maybe that box in the bottom right corner is a terrible drawing of the latch ad two hinges?
Also, I just checked the "official" Mopar Parts website and they list this at $220. I'm guessing there are other part companies that sell Mopar parts cheaper?
Pardon my lack of knowledge here. I had a Toyota Tacoma for the last 17 years and never had to order any parts for it.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Hey Doug! I've done quite a bit of searching for the glass with the required mounting hardware. I finally came up with MOPAR# 68261841AA. The only thing is this part fits a Fiat Doblo. They look to be the same van but I'm not positive it will fit. I have put in question to MoparPartsGiant.com (best price $136.88) to find out if it will fit my 2016 PMC. I'll update when I find out.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I will confirm my passenger wagon came with hinged pop-out windows, so SOMEBODY makes 'em. Try the wrecking websites, maybe. I'm turning my four-seater into a van, bit I'm keeping these windows. Wrecking yards should be stocking up.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I put a post on here last September which gave all of the MOPAR part #'s you need to buy to get the window with hinges plus the screws you need to complete the job. I did it myself. The hard part is getting the old panel off.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Has anyone found a pop-out window or a half sliding window to replace either one of the fixed windows on the back double doors?

·
Registered
56 Posts
I replaced mine about a month ago. I bought mine off of eBay for a good price and had it in about 3 days. Numerous places would not ship the window, this guy did and I was very happy. Had to get the weather stripping from an auto parts store.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I put a post on here last September which gave all of the MOPAR part #'s you need to buy to get the window with hinges plus the screws you need to complete the job. I did it myself. The hard part is getting the old panel off.
Jecwow,

how do i search for this post? or could you post a link to it? Thank you!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Jecwow,

how do i search for this post? or could you post a link to it? Thank you!
Here ya go! The description say door glass but it IS the pop out glass. I bought it and installed it myself:
Hi, I have been searching for these windows too and think I've found it. Part# 68261841AA (MoparPartsGiant.com best price $136.88). It's the passenger side rear slider door glass with all of the hardware and a gasket. It's a tinted vent glass so it has hinges so you can pop it open or keep it closed. If you're somewhat handy you could probably do it yourself with a little help to hold it in place while you mount the hardware to the door frame. Maybe use some locktite on the screws.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts