Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Things in my PM conversion are happening quickly now.
Must decide to glue or not.
My floor is simple, just two layers.
The Bed-Rug (love how the corrugations are filled and a flat surface presented for the second
floor which is a Legends Fleet KK-Plus (which arrived yesterday).
So glue the Bed-rug to the van metal floor? 3M 90?
Glue the Bed-rug to the KK-Plus (1/2 birch plywood) floor? again 3M 90?
Of course lots of weighy things will be sitting on the floor(s) holding it down and lots of
bolts here and there (12 just for the two Slide-Masters).
Thoughts please.

·
Registered
212 Posts
MM Thank you for asking all of these great questions!

So I will have 1/4" closed cell foam in floor ribs (3M 90), then one whole sheet closed cell foam (3M 90 or not secured?), then polyiso (not secured?) and 3/4" plywood (secured only by tie-down points). I plan on bolting my storage/furnishings to the van walls. Is this all ok? Should I also secure them to the floor (only though the plywood), and if I understand correctly, the polyiso and plywood need not be secured other than tie down points. Right?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The no's have it !
Thanks everyone, and another step saved.
Just pulled off the Legends KK-plus floor, the wall panels and ceiling off the pickup truck.
Peeked at the floor, just what we wanted=very industrial. Black black black, so will show dust/dirt :(
Then used the saws-all to minimize the ginormous pallet.

·
Registered
2014 136” HR
5,517 Posts
In general, I suggest avoiding attaching anything permanently to the van except insulation, which shouldn't be too difficult to remove. You never know when you might have a major change of direction, repair, or collision. The only thing I attached permanently was the attachment rib for the front of the ceiling because I simply could not think of any other way. Everything else is screwed on.

·
Premium Member
8,809 Posts
MsNomer makes a good point and don’t you just hate it when someone else says it before you get a chance?

·
Registered
468 Posts
I glued my floor in. I glued 1" TAC acoustical panels than toped with 3/4 OSB glued to the TAC Panels very solid and warm, and holding up well.

·
Premium Member
8,809 Posts
There is stuff you must attach in ways that don’t lend them to easy (or any) removal. BUT if it can be done safely and be removable do that and don’t look back. Insulation is pertinent until you use the putty knife to scrape it off, except for KOV who just admitted he used duct tape.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
My floor is simple, just two layers. The Bed-Rug (love how the corrugations are filled and a flat surface presented for the second floor which is a Legends Fleet KK-Plus.
Is it Bed-Rug or Van-Tred (by Bed-Rug)? If Bed-Rug is carpet, Van-Tred is vinyl. I'm pricing the latter tomorrow. It sounds like a good leveling and sound-dampening base-layer.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
must be Van-tred, it is NOT carpet, but I wouldn't call it vinyl either. More like a stiff closed cell foam; and yes a big improvement on sound with that single addition before
doing anything else---it was our first mod, unrolling it into the PM.
Here:
http://www.bedrug.com/products/cargo-van-mats/van-tred.html
'With its ½" custom molded foam backing the VanTred provides a rugged work surface. Not only will it protect your van, it will provide impact and cargo protection and act as a heat and noise insulator.'
To me when it says custom molded foam, and after handling it I'd say way more foam feel then vinyl....but the flat surface is stout. I'd venture stout enough to resist sliding movement.

·
Registered
'16 2500 159 HT Granite Window - OH(io)
337 Posts
I vote no also.
I've installed a (made by) Legend composite plastic floor over top of Extreme DynaMat. My application is a little different from most of the builds in this forum, as I have to accommodate a wheelchair. That being said, the installation of the L-track is more than enough to keep the floor in place. The 4 round circles in the picture are for mounting pedestal swivel captain's chairs.

Attachments

·
Registered
154 Posts
I made the mistake of gluing my half-inch ply directly to the metal floor w/ construction adhesive. Didn't have enough weight on it while it cured (ie, didn't have a pallet of bricks handy). For my 136" PM that's 3 pieces of ply. A day later almost every step I made produced a "smek-smek" sound as I walked around inside.

Pulled that up, glued down 1/4 in closed cell with 3M 90, replaced ply (sans adhesive), then carpet pad and carpet. Now quiet as a mouse and no coldness at floor whatsoever.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts