Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning out my conversion and am considering using something like this to anchor the bed and cabinet. I'd like to use the existing anchor holes for this channel.

The anchors have a torx bolt, but for the rear four anchors, is the nut on the bottom of the vehicle welded in place? I would suspect they are, cause if not the nut will fall into an channel underneath the gas tank. The front two anchors in my cargo version just have a nut that will fall away if unscrewed (but replaceable as there is access).

Thanks for your input, lots of planning going on in my head.
Steve

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great to hear, thanks. Planning on thin foam insulation, plywood, then coin flooring. The coin flooring is somewhat hard to get in the style I would like, without buying way more than what I need. Going to run 12V power lines under it, from where my house battery will be, to where I might put a plug in cooler.

Steve

·
Registered
4 Posts
Interested in Conversion Plans

I'd be interested in seeing how your conversion comes along. I am planning a conversion myself. Did you but any RV type windows in? :)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No, no windows. Like to keep this thing as far from being a greenhouse as possible. Will be putting in an fan, and I'll be putting the solar wires down the existing hole for the GPS antenna (can be removed from behind the rear inside light). Lots of other things, I'll get a build thread started somewhere online. Any suggestions as to where?

Steve

1 - 5 of 5 Posts