Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all from East TN in the Smokey Mountains. Got me a new 2015 leftover PMC SLT cargo. Live in East TN and am a contractor for local CLEC phone company. I am coming from a full size 2014 GMC pickup with 8 foot bed and work top. I have several reasons for my move in work truck. The PMC has better fuel economy (Almost double) and a smaller footprint which helps with parking and maneuvering around downtown Knoxville.

I purchased the factory partition from the dealer as part of the deal. I got my PMC out the door for $19,500, got lucky and found a lot that had a leftover 15 model they wanted to move. I looked at the NV200 and Transit and found the PMC to be a better fit for what I need and this one was priced right. It came with the rear camera and rear sensors. No windows in the back or sides.

I will be building my own shelving using 2x4 basic shelve builders. I will be adding an A/C inverter, cell phone mount, CB, ladder rack, and 2 meter HAM radio.

Looking forward to a few good years of use out of this van. Never had a van before but have come to realize bigger is not always better. I like the low to the ground clearance and the doors that give me tons of access to my tools and materials.

I am also looking forward to learning and sharing about the PMC. Cheers!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Welcome neighbor! I'm up in North Knoxville. I know a service writer at one dealer and the service manager at another in the area. Asked them what they have seen with the PM and their words are " drives great, not seen any problems but then don't have too many running in the area"

Any chance the place you got the deal on the 2015 has a left over high roof extended 159WB? :)
I'm still researching if I want to build or buy one already setup as a class B RV

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Howdy neighbor! I purchased it at Secret City Dodge in Oak Ridge. What a awsome buying experience. They did the deal, printed out my paper work and delivered the van to my house. I don't think they have any left over 2015 models. I think Rocky Top over in Sevierville has one 2015 high top that is marked down 10k and will go even lower if you sweet talk them. Check out there website.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Thanks for the heads up. I took a look and it seems to be a regular length 159 wheel base high top. Floor plan for what I and "she who must be happy" says the extra 14" on the extended would be best.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts