Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm about to buy one of the Astro rivnut tools off Amazon. The 1442 does M5,6,8 and the 1452 does M8,10,12. Searching this forum, I learned most of the factory round holes take M8 or M10 rivnuts, and the hex holes are M8. If M8 (~5/16") is the smallest, I'll go with the 1452 to handle M10 and gain some extra leverage on M8s.
Are there any other holes of different sizes in strategic locations? How common/important is M10?

·
Registered
254 Posts
I bought all 5, 6 and 8. I'm using 5 for just door panels, 6 for wall and ceiling panels and 8 for things that need more weight carrying capacity. Most of the holes I drilled to fit the nut I was going to use there.

I bought my nuts on Amazon through Astro Pneumatic Tool and got both orders within a day or two. The second was placed late Friday and arrived today (Sunday) at noon.

I bought a Sealey AK3985 Long Arm Threaded Nut Riveter and have set about 200 nuts with it so far with no problems.

·
Super Moderator
10,659 Posts
You have to be careful about the holes. I've discovered different manufactures of rivnuts tend to use different hole sizes for the same size rivnut. It's best to buy the nuts first then drill the hole or get ones that are obviously larger than the joke you want you use. I discovered that in the end, I drilled all new holes for mine as nothing really lined up where I wanted it. Also no reason to use either metric or sae sizes just whatever you prefer. Sae bolts can be easier to find sometimes. I have both in my conversion;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts