Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My local dealer has a 159" pm that I'm interested in but would like the heated seats and 5.0 uconnect stereo system with back up camera installed. I asked my salesman to see if it could get added to the van on the lot but he said it can't be done. Said I have to special order one with those options. Why can't they just order the system and seats and install it to the van on the lot? I figured if I buy brand new I want some creature comforts to go with it.

·
Registered
118 Posts
That's funny, my dealer told me those options would be no problem to add on site. Originally, we searched for a PM that was close to what I was looking for and those options were specifically ones that he said would be no issue. The only problem I ran into was color and a few other options that we couldn't find so I ordered!

Call another dealer first and see if they would do that and then go back to him. If he won't do it, perhaps it's not a dealer you want to continue business with!

Best of luck & let us know how it plays out!

·
Registered
465 Posts
Look at it this way Jeff, would you rather have someone do these options install that does it all day in the right way and right sequence, or someone at the dealer that you don't know has been trained correctly to do it in the first place. Especially on such a new vehicle

·
Premium Member
1,060 Posts
Look at it this way Jeff, would you rather have someone do these options install that does it all day in the right way and right sequence, or someone at the dealer that you don't know has been trained correctly to do it in the first place. Especially on such a new vehicle
X2. I think it is best to order one the way you want it.
Then its just a waiting game after that.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Your right. I waited this long and it won't hurt to wait a little while longer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
4 Participants
Jeff
Ram Promaster Forum
We’re a community forum dedicated to Promaster enthusiasts to discuss mods, camper conversions, diesel, fuel economy, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing