Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody come across rims instead of the factory stellar stamped rims?

John Mac

·
Registered
154 Posts
Assuming you meant this was for a City, not a full size like the link provided above links to.
You can always get the hubcaps/wheel covers for around $50-70 USD online. I think they are standard on the SLT cargo vans. They aren't a simple pop on type, the lug nuts do have to be removed.
http://www.hubcaphaven.com/c/7362/dodge_ram_promaster_city_hubcaps_wheel_covers.html
^ not the cheapest I found, just a picture and part number for reference.

·
Registered
552 Posts
If its the same situation as the full size ProMaster, there aren't many choices in the US. The PM City is based on the Fiat Doblo. Check out http://www.wheelbasealloys.com and search for rims for the 2010 and up Doblo. Another great site in the UK is performancealloys.com . Both of these places do deliver to the US, and the price even with shipping is still competitive.

I'm assuming that the City uses the same bolt circle as the Doble, but I may be wrong so you need to confirm that first. The Doblo uses a 5 bolt by 98mm circle.

Good luck!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys for tips,

Anyone else

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
And yes it is for the PMC van,
Forum won't let me edit post.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Saw a local guy with a PMC on some aftermarket rims, wasn't able to stop and ask, he was going the opposite way :(. They were very "racer" though, would've looked decent on a silver or black PMC, it was ok on his white one. The offset wasn't to my liking but take what you can get I guess.

·
Registered
2017 PMC wagon in CO
16 Posts
Has anyone bought wheels from performancealloys.com? I am thinking about getting a set to have snows mounted.
thanks

·
Registered
129 Posts
I have the above as my winter wheels. They look great and I would happily use for summer too. Where I live its 6 months of winter so its a toss up lol. These are Fast Wheels Orbits, I'm very happy with them! I have the oem alloys for summer.

·
Registered
2017 PMC wagon in CO
16 Posts
super helpful! thanks for your reply.
I just checked 1010tires.com and they don't show any wheels/tires for my 2017 PMC. Maybe they don't stock the Orbits anymore.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I would call and talk to their customer service. They were very helpful to me when I couldn't put the package together that I wanted from looking at their website. Also check out the Canadian 1010tires site. They may have them and ship to States. Fast Wheels is Canadian company, I think.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I used 5x100 wheels on my PMC with hub centric rings and wobble bolts. With 5x100 wheels there are tons more options for wheels.

·
Registered
2017 PMC wagon in CO
16 Posts
Just some more info.

I called the 1010tires customer service - and at least for folks in the US, they don't have any wheels that fit the PMC.
Same with Tirerack.

But on a lark, I tried Discount Tire - and they have 2 options - both us$117/wheel - and here is the one I like

Although since I am not planning to use our campervan as a winter warrior, I am thinking of getting some nice all seasons (like these https://www.discounttire.com/buy-tires/yokohama-avid-ascend-gt/p/37570 ) and packing a set of snow chains/cables. I'd be interested in hearing folks feedback on that approach.

thanks

·
Registered
18 Posts
Just some more info.

I called the 1010tires customer service - and at least for folks in the US, they don't have any wheels that fit the PMC.
Same with Tirerack.

But on a lark, I tried Discount Tire - and they have 2 options - both us$117/wheel - and here is the one I like

Although since I am not planning to use our campervan as a winter warrior, I am thinking of getting some nice all seasons (like these https://www.discounttire.com/buy-tires/yokohama-avid-ascend-gt/p/37570 ) and packing a set of snow chains/cables. I'd be interested in hearing folks feedback on that approach.

thanks
Your going to have to pay attention to the offsets also. The stock offset is 33.5 mm the one you are looking at is 40 mm which means it will move tire inboard by 6.5mm and may hit suspension parts.

·
Registered
2017 PMC wagon in CO
16 Posts
Really good observation!
Thanks for pointing that out.

Do you mind sharing where you got your 5x100 wheels with the right offset and wobble bolts?

·
Registered
18 Posts
I got mine off eBay from a place called sd wheel they are jnc026 18x8 5x100 with 35mm offsett you are going to have to do some homework on getting a wheel that will work. You can try this website also fitmentindustries.com. here is a good wheel that looks like the one you liked

The wobble bolts I got off eBay as well here. They are made in Italy.
You will need hub rings also for most of these wheels. The hub diameter on the pmc is 58.1mm

1 - 20 of 21 Posts