Ram Promaster Forum banner

PM Motorhome possibilities

7K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  Chance 
#1 ·
This video compares 15 different motorhomes based on the Ducato/Jumper/Boxer vans. Again not exactly the PM but it can give the motorhome enthusiast what the possibilities are when the coach builders get there hands on them.

#3 ·
I agree.

The problem with all these Class B RVs is that they try to cram 10 lbs of "stuff"
into a 5 lb Bag. They are downright claustrophobic. If you want the whole nine yards, you're much better off with a big Class A.

The PM as a minimalist weekender camper on the other hand, will work just fine.

#4 ·
It’s relative. True Class B motorhomes (not to include Class B+) indeed lack spaciousness compared to larger RVs like Class As, but their smaller size also means improved fuel economy, maneuverability, and ease of driving. They are also easier to maintain and should be serviceable at more locations. And of course they can sometimes serve as a second or third family vehicle. It’s tough to compare them directly.

While much smaller than Class As and most Cs, the largest ProMaster and Sprinter vans are nearly twice as spacious in total volume as previous offerings from Ford, Chevy and Dodge that were common Class B chassis. And compared to the classic Volkswagen camper vans made by Westfalia decades ago they are huge – probably 4 or 5 times the interior volume of the original VW microbuses.

I’m personally looking forward to the ProMaster because it will be much larger than my Ford extended Econoline yet probably get better MPG. And with FWD it should drive and handle much better too due to lower center of gravity and improved suspension. The only thing it shouldn’t do better than my Ford Econoline is tow.

#8 ·
The Ducato/ProMaster is very wide for a van. Inside width up to 74 inches is about 4 inches more than Sprinter. Side walls are also more vertical than most vans. It's also wider than Ford and Chevy vans.

Most camper vans in Europe are based on Ducato -- 2 out of every 3.

Class Bs are not supposed to be as wide as full size RVs. They're supposed to be smaller. And narrower too. It's a niche market, not meant for everyone.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.