Ram Promaster Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2014 136” HR
6,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And that's a good thing.

We normally rent a car to and from the airport (100 miles) for extended trips because airport parking is so expensive. Today,we combined picking up a car with getting the PM side/rear door latches repaired--no drop-off fee and a vehicle to use while PM is in shop.

Went to pick up the PM and learned that the side door roller they ordered was damaged in shipment. I said, "How about we leave the PM with you, you fix at your leisure, then give us a ride from the airport on April 6?" "Sure, we can do that, no problem."

So the van is effectively stored safely for 5 weeks, we are saved the $100 rent car for the trip home, and don't have to drive an unfamiliar vehicle while jet lagged. Winner!!

When we were retrieving our stuff, it was clear that the new latch is a vast improvement even without the new roller.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Nice work...That is a win, win in my book. I am curious MsNomer, the latches on your PM(side and rear), were they squeaking like crazy? My rear door are the worst. The slider have started squeaking too. It seems if my PM rolls over a pebble the doors squeak like I have a rusty suspension system. Is there a TSB on those latches? Thanks in advance...

·
Super Moderator
11,110 Posts
Yes, for the rear door at least. I don't know about the slider for sure but they adjusted mine and it works fine now.

·
Registered
2014 136” HR
6,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There was a TSB on the rear doors. They had been adjusted twice previously; this was a latch replacement. Symptom was not closing completely.

Side door was a b*** to open or close. Usually had to try 3-4 times to get it closed, even if nose down. Sometimes so much force was required to open from the inside, I was afraid I'd break the handle. In addition, there was a loud growl coming from the roller that rolls on the rail. This is the part that was damaged in shipment.

No squeal.

·
Registered
106 Posts
There was a TSB on the rear doors. They had been adjusted twice previously; this was a latch replacement. Symptom was not closing completely.

Side door was a b*** to open or close. Usually had to try 3-4 times to get it closed, even if nose down. Sometimes so much force was required to open from the inside, I was afraid I'd break the handle. In addition, there was a loud growl coming from the roller that rolls on the rail. This is the part that was damaged in shipment.

No squeal.
I just open the passenger door when I close the side door if the windows aren't open, closes like a charm. With windows up and doors closed it's a bear.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts