Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2019 136HT 2500 "Van Diego"
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got this DIY leather steering wheel cover off Amazon around a month ago. A brand called Aully Park. Somewhere around $20 delivered. Got the medium size.
Finally got around to installing it. It suprised me because it fit the PM steering wheel like it was made for it.
I stretched it around the wheel one afternoon, got it nice & straight on there. Let it sit & relax around the wheel overnight. Then sewed it on the next morning. Took about an hour & a half.
And there you go, PM leather wheel for 20 bucks. Sure beats the 300 or whatever they want for a factory one.
I have no idea who these Aully Park people are. But when I find a PM accessory that fits well & works I like to post it. Gives the factory hard rubber wheel a much nicer feel when driving too.
20210221_121728.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
2019 159 EXT HR (3500) in WA
961 Posts
According to the Amazon page, it is "Genuine Leather". Seems good enough. We put one on my son's Jetta -- the plastic was all grainy and rough from years of sun - the leather wrap makes it feel so much nicer. So when we got the ProMaster we got one for it figuring it will feel nicer and protect the plastic from the sun.

·
Registered
51 Posts
The hard wheel hurts my hands. I'll give this a go. Thanks!

·
Registered
Ex-Amazon 2019 PM 2500 159" high roof in KS
74 Posts
I was Googling to find the price of factory leather steering wheels ($600+ BTW), and I was impressed with the price of the standard steering wheels on eBay. $50-$100. So reasonable!

·
Registered
2019 - 3500EXT in OH
62 Posts
Got this DIY leather steering wheel cover off Amazon around a month ago. A brand called Aully Park. Somewhere around $20 delivered. Got the medium size.
Finally got around to installing it. It suprised me because it fit the PM steering wheel like it was made for it.
I stretched it around the wheel one afternoon, got it nice & straight on there. Let it sit & relax around the wheel overnight. Then sewed it on the next morning. Took about an hour & a half.
And there you go, PM leather wheel for 20 bucks. Sure beats the 300 or whatever they want for a factory one.
I have no idea who these Aully Park people are. But when I find a PM accessory that fits well & works I like to post it. Gives the factory hard rubber wheel a much nicer feel when driving too. View attachment 71717
Can't thank you enough for your post. I ordered mine (medium, black) 2 days ago, $18.99. Received today, took me 90 minutes to sew, it's a perfect fit and a big improvement to the standard factory wheel.
Highly recommend this kit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts