Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to use the NAV without the radio playing?
I find it distracting to have the radio on when using the NAV directions.

So far it seems that you cannot have the radio off when the NAV is on, they both have to be on.

Also, can the NAV volume be set separately from the radio?

Thanks.
Alan

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Figured it out

OK, for those who get easily confused with this simple stuff like I do:

I figured out that the same volume control does both radio and NAV (and probably does PHONE too) separately, but only when the particular app is talking.
So if you want to control the radio volume you change it when only the radio is playing, and if you want to control the NAV you do that only when the NAV is talking. The volume control knows which app to change the volume for by the app that is make sound at that time.

If you want a silent radio but a talking NAV then turn down the radio before you open the NAV app. Adjust the NAV volume only when it it talking.

I couldn't find this simple process in the owners manual or CD.

Alan

·
Registered
211 Posts
I don't even use the nav.It's slow as ****,and so far in almost a year,of trying it,it waits till the last minute then says turn right or whatever,after you pass it.I was lead to believe that it was a garmin like the rest of the Ram nav's are.My wifes galaxy s5 works a thousand times better.I'm very disappointed in the nav and the 6 speaker sound system.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't even use the nav.It's slow as ****,and so far in almost a year,of trying it,it waits till the last minute then says turn right or whatever,after you pass it.I was lead to believe that it was a garmin like the rest of the Ram nav's are.My wifes galaxy s5 works a thousand times better.I'm very disappointed in the nav and the 6 speaker sound system.
My TOMTOM Nav works quite well for me. I especially like the feature of announcing the next step after the upcoming one, so I know in advance what I'm looking for after the next step.
But everyone has their own preferences.

The 6 speaker sound system is not great, but the addition of a subwoofer (see these topics) turns it around!

Alan

·
Registered
125 Posts
I was a bit disappointed in the NAV at first. I have a portable Garmin in my Transit Connect and didn't realize how great it was until I used the TomTom. The Garmin announces the names of all the roads as you turn. It also shows speed. The graphics are more colorful. The TomTom does get me to the destination all right, it is just a bit underwhelming.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts