Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been lurking for years. I finally pulled the trigger and purchased a 2019 2500 136 HT. I bought it on a Friday, drove it home, packed it up (Jetboil, cooler, cot, and sleeping bag), and took it out camping in Sun Valley for the weekend.

1. I could barely hear the stereo while highway driving.
2. Bare corrugated flooring is slippery and a pain!
2. It was ccccccold!
3. I really liked the convenience, and it immediately shows great promise for a more adventurous lifestyle.

Let the build begin.

1. Sound proofing
2. Insulated Floor

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Sound proofing - I chose Kilmat, and I probably went a little overboard. Completely covered the wheel wells. About 40~50% on the panels.
I will be doing this very soon. How many Square feet did you buy and end up using? FYI I plan on completely covering the wheel wells and divvying up the rest along the walls and doors.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Hello, TheClares. Kilmat 80mm, 36 sqft per box, 2 boxes. I have seen other builds that use less. There are two places I was excessive. 1. The wheel wells have a little over lap. 2. I am close to 50% coverage on each panel. Recommended is %20-30. There is an 18 sqft box and I think I could have done it with 36 +18

·
Registered
43 Posts
I used Kilmat as well, and I put two full layers on the wheelwells, and would do so again! I bought 3 boxes, applied very liberally and have half a box left.

·
Premium Member
403 Posts
Killmat does help reduce noise but remember that Thinsulate is both thermal and acoustic insulation. We no longer see a need for both.

All the best,
Hein
DIYvan
541 490 5098

·
Premium Member
7,783 Posts
Adding sound deadening to a van to be insulated with Thinsulate or Polyiso is a good way to get rid of extra money and support a business that often spreads misinformation about the need for their product.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts