Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have the 1500 low roof, 136 wb and have been getting 20MPG with 3500 miles driven so far. I have Michelin All Terrain tires on it.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Empty besides the wife and I. Flat ground, cruise and a/c on. if i keep it between 45-50 mph i usaully see a steady 24.8-25.5 mpg

Excellent! I'm seeing about 18 around town, 20 all highway at about 60 mph with the long wb, high roof and about 2000 lbs. load. I'm very happy with that. I used to pull a trailer with an F150 and got 8 - 9 mph, quite an improvement.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That is good info, thanks. I had a sales guy tell me to expect 27 mpg loaded on the highway, classic.

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Empty besides the wife and I. Flat ground, cruise and a/c on. if i keep it between 45-50 mph i usaully see a steady 24.8-25.5 mpg
That's excellent. And your 24 MPG at 55 MPH tells me the best way to improve fuel economy at those low speeds is to have a smaller engine still beyond a 3.6 liter gasoline V6. Perhaps down the road RAM might consider the 2.4 liter I-4 for those looking for smaller version of ProMaster and also not in a hurry.

·
Registered
517 Posts
I have the 1500 low roof, 136 wb and have been getting 20MPG with 3500 miles driven so far. I have Michelin All Terrain tires on it.
I would love to see a pic of your van with the AT's on it, and what size you used. Sorry about the highjack.

·
Registered
129 Posts
That is good info, thanks. I had a sales guy tell me to expect 27 mpg loaded on the highway, classic.
I have a 118" wb, low roof. I get about 17-18 around town and have gotten 22 on the highway doing 65 with not much of a load.
My dealer tried to tell me the same thing about the 27 or so mpg, based on what the v6 gets in a jeep. I think that the jeep is just a little more aerodynamic then a PM.

·
Registered
24 Posts

I have a 2500, 159 with a high roof. Mine will get NO wheres close to those numbers! 15.5 to 16.2. Loaded with 3 dirt bikes and 2 guys. Hope it improves but I just don't see that much of up swing!

·
Registered
57 Posts
2500 high roof 136WB approx 1500lb loading plus my FA
@ 4500 miles here is what i am seeing.

I am usually light on the pedal, I wont hold up traffic on the merge but i wont be passing you on the merge either.

Around town, 30/70 city hwy split = 17.2
Sunday 600 miles straight hwy = 19.5

Good enough for me, used to 11/13 avg and running 6-8k miles a month the gas savings is great.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I've got a 1500 118"

I got a calculated 21 on my last trip of 800 miles. Including myself, 3 whitewater creek boats, all related gear, camping gear, food.. etc.. Ranger Racks on left side and I have the optional "wood" floor - probably toting around 1000 lbs. Did between 62ish and 68ish the whole way tow / haul mode on always except when up to speed on highway. No cruise control <-- i have a bunch of options on my PM.. except cruise. I don't really pay serious attention to MPG because I don't want to drive my PM with a feather weight foot all the time. Sometimes.. I like to hammer down a little. She's got great power!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts