Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've come across another design riddle that I'm seeking community guidance to move forward. Any other minds thinking through this with me would be greatly appreciated!

In my galley cabinet, I'm hoping to put my sink above my Isotherm Cruise 85 refrigerator.

The refrigerator is 24.7" tall. The sink I plan on using is 8" deep (tall: top of countertop to bottom of sink basin). I want a 37" tall countertop. Will this work??

I figure: Refrigerator will really take up 26.5" with frame/support below. Thus, I will have 10.5 inches to fit an 8" deep sink and then plumb it across the top of the fridge until I get past the fridge width and can drop the drain line straight down through the floor into my gray tank. Is 2.5 inches enough to fit a drain assembly and a right angle fitting/pipe assembly? I'm doubtful.

I assume that the drain flowing at more or less a right angle pretty much right away is okay for my flow rate? It will be at a slight downward slope, and from my limited plumbing knowledge this coupled with the 2 inches or so of vertical previous to the semi-horizontal 10" run will likely be fine.

Any comments/critiques? I've attached an image of how I'd hope to design the drain-looks like it would take more than 2.5 inches :/.

I realize this is my third new post in 24 hours in our conversion section-thinking I should start a conversion thread and post my questions there.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,809 Posts
Try one of these: [ame]https://www.amazon.com/Camco-37420-Flexible-Camper-Drain/dp/B000EDUTPO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1510196456&sr=8-1&keywords=RV+sink+drain[/ame]

Reactions: kifo4173

·
Registered
410 Posts
Looks like it would work but you'd have to run a lot of water to keep pipe and p-trap clear of soap scum and food particles. That fills gray tank fast. RD's option would reduce that imo. Would also shorten total length of drain by half. Just have to figure out how to connect at side wall.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Awesome. Thanks all. Wasn't planning on using a P trap, just included that image to show the piece that allows for a sharp nearly horizontal departure from the drain.

RD, that fitting could be a great option, and Hein I was planning on a Hepvo but forgot so thanks! Appreciate the replies.

·
Super Moderator
10,135 Posts
I have the trap RD recommended and it works perfectly. This is a camper sink, not a kitchen sink in your house - don’t worry.

All you need to know to be a plumber is shyte goes downhill and payday is Friday! ;) At least that’s what my plumber always told me as he handed me his big bill.

·
Premium Member
8,809 Posts
For the OP,
You may want a trap if you hold the grey water. On our trip across the US following the Gulf we returned from our 4 hour stroll/siteseeing to find the van stunk....... BAD. It was traced to the 2 gal of grey water that had been steaming for a few days. Not normal but give it some thought.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts