Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope I’m posting this correctly. This is Plugger at a glance. He’s a 2015 ext. we put together last year. We did the build before we joined this forum with the idea that we would and could make changes alone the way. We have a 20 gal. fresh water tank. 7gal. Instant hot water 2000 watt inverter. We made the cabinet fronts so we could remove them and have better access to batteries plumbing and such. The benches can be removed if we want to hall something and they slide together for a full bed if we want. We carry a generator and have not done solar yet. Maybe maybe not. We have taken it out three times and everything worked well. A few changes here and there and we probably may do more as we learn our way. Life is good. God is good.

Attachments

·
Read Only
309 Posts
Beautiful work! Enjoy it! I am always fascinated at the talent some people have. My talent involves the use of my wallet to pay someone else to do such work.

·
Registered
2014 136” HR
5,567 Posts
Color me impressed. (y) Funny that I see serious similarities to my build, yet they are so totally different.

How did you attach your cup holder shelf? I think yours is the second I’ve see other than mine.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Now you’ve hurt my feelings MsNomer. You commented on My Plugger cup holder alteration a few months back. I can tell I didn’t leave a lasting impression. ?
Anyway I put a 3in pvc pipe into center cup holder slotted the top of the pipe to slide my shelf in. Put a drop pin in shelf to hold into pipe. Everything fits snug and we haven’t had any trouble

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Beautiful work! Enjoy it! I am always fascinated at the talent some people have. My talent involves the use of my wallet to pay someone else to do such work.
I bet you could do it too. Ours was a lot of dos and redos. You are in the right place to get help. This forum has given me a chance to see some future upgrades and changes we could do. Just don’t think you ought to get it right the first time. It’s all part of the fun

·
Premium Member
2014, 138WB, High Roof, Gas, SW MT
2,001 Posts
Hi,
Very nice!

What is the material and finish you used for the walls?
I'm looking to redo mine, and really like the look of yours.

Gary

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi,
Very nice!

What is the material and finish you used for the walls?
I'm looking to redo mine, and really like the look of yours.

Gary
The walls are 1/4 finished plywood that we stained to color. The color is a chalk gray. Goes on easy and cleans easy too. I guess I should also mention that there is a frame behind the 1/4 walls that I attached with rivet nuts.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Is the shower a one piece RV unit, or did you piece it together and make it yourself?
I drew up a 24"x36" footprint. What are your dimensions and is it a pain getting passed it from the front seats?
Gonna need a few more pics too.
I'll let you know if I need anything else. Thanks.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Is the shower a one piece RV unit, or did you piece it together and make it yourself?
I drew up a 24"x36" footprint. What are your dimensions and is it a pain getting passed it from the front seats?
It’s a 24x36 shower base and the walls believe it or not came from a yard sale for $10 that we glued to 1/4 plywood. We are I think around 14-15 inches from front seat. No Problem getting by. I can get some pics if you want. Glad to help

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
That last line was me being an idiot. I always forget to use a smiley face.
That's identical to what I have planned. 24x36, a foot or so from the driver seat. Good to know it worked out. I'm even going with gray headliner on walls and painting my cabinets gray. Pretty wild.
Thanks.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Attachments

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That last line was me being an idiot. I always forget to use a smiley face.
That's identical to what I have planned. 24x36, a foot or so from the driver seat. Good to know it worked out. I'm even going with gray headliner on walls and painting my cabinets gray. Pretty wild.
Thanks.
RnR. We also have a under counter sink on counter right next to it. The 7 gal instant water heater goes to the sink but then we just ran the hot water line to the shower head with a on off valve. We agreed on water temp and we can take a shower right behind each other and have hot water. Granted you have to conserve a little but it works great

·
Premium Member
2021 3500 Extended
262 Posts
BW , where does the shower grey water go....under floor tank? Black water? What sized tanks and how did you fit them?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
BW , where does the shower grey water go....under floor tank? Black water? What sized tanks and how did you fit them?
The shower and sink water go ito a trap and out to a potable tank outside. I’ve gone back and forth on whether to mount gray water tanks. For me there are pros and cons. Don’t have a black water tank. Using a porta potty.
We started simple and cheap to see what we need and don’t need and have left room for change. Sorry for late answer. Been out of pocket

1 - 20 of 23 Posts