Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pleasure Way, a major builder of Class B motorhomes, showed a ProMaster-based RV at the Hershey RV Show. The prototype, named Lexor, is a little too "travel van" in layout for my taste but it shows American companies are warming up to the RAM van.

Winnebago apparently made minor revisions to the Travato. One change was to make the rear bed higher which increases storage space.

Sportsmobile has also been working on a PM prototype for some time but I've yet to see pictures.

As in Europe, it seems PM-based campers are starting to catch on.

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
PM = Perfect Machine for a class B. Lower floor and roof with 6.4 standup height.
The others are are tall and narrow, high off the ground.
I can see why they do this in Europe. Make sense to me.
The Transit midroof is the same size as the Pm high roof by length and height.
but much less cargo space. (The shoe is uncomfortable but looks good).

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Interesting they have aluminum wheel on 3500. Ram doesn't offer aluminum wheel on 3500
Can you possibly be thinking of Ford not offering aluminum wheels on Transit T-350? I think Travato and Trend, both 3500, come with aluminum wheels.

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I like the window-van appearance and would love to know how it was accomplished. It looks like a window van from a distance but the windows are RV. And on the driver's side how did they handle the window look behind the bathroom? Is it a real window that is covered up or is it just glass on outside for show?

Another impressive feature is the apparent width (from video) of the wet bath. I've seen similar layouts based on Sprinter vans and the bathrooms are usually much narrower (again, based on video -- will see for myself when they are available).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts