Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
421 Posts
Michelin LTX M/S2 or whatever the current designation is. Very smooth running tire.
LTX A/T2 is the on/off road version

·
Registered
155 Posts
I have been researching this as well after tearing up the sidewalls on the stock VancoFourSeasons. I don't think the Michelin LTX AT2 is made in 225/75R16/E. I have been considering the Kumho Road Venture AT51.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Cooper HT3, cooper AT3, depending upon how aggressive you want to get. I have run these on my sprinter (E load versions) and they run and wear very well.

Chris

·
Registered
155 Posts
I am considering Cooper AT3 as well. The primary difference (spec wise) is that the Kumho AT51 is rated for severe snow service whereas the Cooper is only M+S. That's big for me as it may allow me to avoid running dedicated snow tires for the first year or two.

Edit: I was just doing a little more digging and realized that the LT sizes for the Kumho AT51 don't have a treadwear warranty... hmmm

·
Registered
399 Posts
I keep coming back to BFGs. Hate all other tires I've had .
+1
The All-Terrain T/A is a great all-around tire. I've had them on a couple vehicles. Three ply sidewall is a plus for off-roading or poor roads where sharp rocks/pavement/debris can easily shred a sidewall. Tread belts are tough too. I had one that took a 3" long, 5/16" diameter metal rod in the tread area and it didn't even puncture. It just jammed in between the belts and tread. Pulled it out and it ran until I sold the truck.
Tire Rack shows the KO2 available in LT225/75R16 115/112S E 2,680 lbs. rated, 80 psi.

Not going to be as quiet as the Michelin LTX on the highway though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts