Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm here with a new username, but only for a short time. I think I'l be moving on soon. The process seems unable to reset my password on my old account. It fails every time. At some point I'm sure I will get locked out of this account as well at which point I'll just be a lurker and read posts, but not contribute in any way. A forum is supposed to be an easy tool to use, where people can share ideas and solutions, but if it's harder to log into than a Department of Defense Level C2 system, then its more trouble than its worth.

Seriously, anyone in the world can come to this web site and read every singe post anyone has ever posted, without a username or password.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I became a member back in March 2016. It appears my account may have been deactivated (maybe because of the password issue). I reset my password and would like to be reactivated.Thank you

·
Registered
97 Posts
His post shows up so doesn't that mean his account was already re-activated?

·
Super Moderator
10,204 Posts
Probably but he may have a password problem and logged in on another device with a working password. At any rate he hasn't reregistered and we haven't heard from him again, yet so not much that can be done.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Just try rejoining it might be faster.

I tried that approach. I joined with a new username, and made a few posts. I got the message saying my posts would become activated after they were reviewed by a moderator.

Apparently they didn't like what I said ( an honest viewpoint about forum security ) because my posts never showed up.

I'm not sure how much longer I am going to remain on a forum where moderators can remove content on the basis that they don't agree with it, even if it doesn't break any forum rules.

·
Super Moderator
10,204 Posts
Agreed. I have never deleted a post because of not agreeing with a poster. GapRunner seems to have other problems here that have nothing to do with the moderators. If his posts aren't showing up he can only blame himself.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Your posts are showing up. And certainly there is no censoring happening.
Can you please send me a link to the posts I made while logged in with the other username?

I'm using the forum search function, to search by username, and none of the three posts shows up.

·
Super Moderator
10,204 Posts
I'm here with a new username, but only for a short time. I think I'l be moving on soon. The process seems unable to reset my password on my old account. It fails every time. At some point I'm sure I will get locked out of this account as well at which point I'll just be a lurker and read posts, but not contribute in any way. A forum is supposed to be an easy tool to use, where people can share ideas and solutions, but if it's harder to log into than a Department of Defense Level C2 system, then its more trouble than its worth.

Seriously, anyone in the world can come to this web site and read every singe post anyone has ever posted, without a username or password.
If this is the user name and post you are referring to when you say you re-registered, you have only posted this one message to it. If you tried to post other messages then you did something wrong and you can only blame yourself.

NO ONE is deleting or modifying any of your messages under either name! I would suggest you learn how to use the forum (as everyone else here has) before you start making groundless accusations and make yourself look any more foolish than you already have.

Rather than spending so much time complaining perhaps you should start looking for that Promaster you claim you want to to buy?

·
Registered
552 Posts
Cool KOV.

Thanks for fixing the search function. As of 10:00 a.m. Eastern time this morning a search for all posts with username "gaprunrcantlogin' returned zero results. I see now that it returns one result. I could manually navigate to the sub forum where I had posted it, but it wouldn't show up in a search result.

As for learning how to use the forum, I'm pretty sure I've got the hang of it. I've been using multiple forums for over 20 years, have served as moderator on a half dozen, and was the technical system manager for a client site that hosted 43 forums prior to retiring from the IT world. I know how they work, and I also know they don't always work. Given all the problems Vertical Scope has been going through, it's not surprising things can get glitchy from time to time.

Glad to see the glitch with the search function has been fixed. Also glad that the Reset Password link seems to be working. I had created the other account when the Reset Password link for account GAPRUNR would send me a link that would re-direct to the home page after flashing an error message for a half second.

And yes, you are correct, I don't yet have a Promaster. Am I allowed to remain on this forum or is ProMaster ownership a requirement?

·
Premium Member
8,810 Posts
Makes ya’ feel safe though don’ it? In reality, we all know it isn’t likely our passwords get cracked, it’s the host/server that gets hacked and then our obscure passwords are known. Not having anything of value attached to the ones I use here makes me feel warm all over!
GapRunr what are you waiting for- lottery, new nose (on the van), interior options, 9 speed, Michelins, second interior color, Pink paint? None of them are happening soon!

·
Registered
552 Posts
You gotta wonder about a forum that has password requirements stricter than any of my financial accounts.

No kidding. My old password met Department of Defense Level C2 guidelines, but wasn't secure enough for a forum that anyone in the world can access without an account. :eek:

·
Registered
233 Posts
Much to do about nothing;)

No kidding. My old password met Department of Defense Level C2 guidelines, but wasn't secure enough for a forum that anyone in the world can access without an account. :eek:
I second RD coments. I for one am happy about the wake call.

I don't use a single social media platform, don't own a TV and have only one app on my phone (google maps only because my son loaded it after I got us hopelessly lost in LA;). I am a total old school through back but, I like this community a bunch. So much so that this is the first forum that I have ever joined!

GapRunr I had the same issues that you had in changing my password after the hack but, I just waited a bit chilled and reset my password after a couple of days.

You may think that the password requirements are over the top but I recon that they are put in place to protect newbies like myself and I am happy about that! Any free pass I can get to learn more about protecting myself online is much appreciated:)

Maybe just chill a bit.

Cheers,

Dave

·
Registered
552 Posts
GapRunr what are you waiting for- lottery, new nose (on the van), interior options, 9 speed, Michelins, second interior color, Pink paint? None of them are happening soon!
Mostly the lottery and interior options. Since FCA doesn't offer any rear passenger seating, I would have to finish the interior and install some seats. They also don't offer rear air like Transit and Sprinter do. I also wonder how a Promaster would do in an NHTSA frontal collision test. The GVWR and lack of passenger accommodations pretty much exempts the Promaster from the requirement of meeting any passenger safety standards, whereas the Transit and Sprinter seem to handle this better. It seems like FCA is really missing the boat on this. The wider body and lower floor make the Promaster a much more suitable people hauler than the competition, so why haven't they stepped up to the plate?

I've seen frontal collision tests for a Sprinter and it does extremely well. With all the Ducato's in Europe, I'm surprised I haven't been able to find any video of a frontal collision test from some governing body on a Ducato, Boxer or Jumper. I'd really like to see how they do.

·
Premium Member
8,810 Posts
I understand. The PM has so many airbags, knee bolsters, seat belts and buzzers to make you use them, it would only involve the crush and crumple, and roll over strength issues I think. About the seats and interior to make it a people hauler I too don’t understand but I don’t nee that either.
I’m seeing a bunch of transits used as hotel vans. It must sell a lot for that similar purpose.
Lottery? I financed 2/3 for the PM cost and got a super interest rate but that [email protected] payment comes every month for the next three years! I haven’t had a car payment for 25+ years. It’s hard to get used to!

·
Registered
2014 136” HR
5,544 Posts
There is a video of a blue Class C Ducato hitting something front-on. The Class C rear stuff flies over the cab, but looks like the cab survives intact. My prejudice is that our vans would survive at least as well. I've also seen photos of wrecked Ducatos. I think the bottom line is that if your opponent is no bigger than you, you'll do fine. Head-on a semi and all bets are off, as they would be in the others.

Our superb handling (apparently noticeably better than Sprinter or Transit), brakes and visibility should improve our odds.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts