Ram Promaster Forum banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
You are right, Rd in Az....
I just tested the 'random on' and it does jump folders too... my bad.

·
Premium Member
7,736 Posts
I think that’s the second time I’ve been right in 2300 posts! Wah-Hoo!

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #27

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Yes i got the cord and it did not work with my iPhone. Same USB ERRor.
So I'm stuck with radio only.

This is what the cord looks like fyi
https://www.amazon.com/3-5mm-Jack-Plug-Data-Cable/dp/B006T95XUS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1478997963&sr=8-1&keywords=3.5+to+usb
As I 'splained a few posts back, "A USB stick has the sound in digital format decoded by the radio, the headphone jack is audio decoded by the phone/mp3 player."

The van USB jack expects to see a digital storage device at the other end of a cable. The cord you purchased has an earphone plug that would connect to audio from the phone. Ain't gonna happen!

A USB stick that will probably hold every tune you own is under $40, and you can leave it plugged in so you don't need to plug in your phone everytime you want to listen to tunes!

Ed

·
Registered
310 Posts
I'm curious why everyone is shitting all over the OEM radio.

Bluetooth hookup with my iPhone was seamless. Also with my phone plugged in through USB it plays as an iPod while charging. What else do you need? Are there still people out there that don't use their smartphone as their musical device?

·
Super Moderator
7,428 Posts
Because it's an overpriced and outdated pos. The screen alone is a joke it's much to small for the unit, the gps is horrible, the backup camera shows the top of the doors on the high top van, the bt does work well I must admit however. The point is you can do much better for the same or less $$$ with an aftermarket unit but it's important to order the radio delete option if you want the dash controls to work.

·
Registered
130 Posts
edit: oops
I am actually happy with the UC5 radio and rear camera.
I guess it depends on your expectations and willingness to add your own

before you decide, take one for a test drive

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
I'm curious why everyone is shitting all over the OEM radio.

Bluetooth hookup with my iPhone was seamless. Also with my phone plugged in through USB it plays as an iPod while charging. What else do you need? Are there still people out there that don't use their smartphone as their musical device?
Which OEM radio is "every-1" shitting on?
I hear that there is 3 versions.
This thread is about the base UC3 version as the original poster asked about.

·
Super Moderator
7,428 Posts
This is my first ever vehicle with steering wheel radio controls. I finally crawled into the 20th century. Love it.
I could live without them. Just a gimmick in my view. When I try to turn the volume down with mine it goes up and then down! I just use the volume control and station selector on the radio it's a lot easier. Never have been able to get the voice control to work on it. The steering wheel control is marginally better for changing tracks on a CD or mem stick but that's about it. Just my opinion, of course but I don't even own a real Leatherman so take it for what it's worth.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I was missing that 30 gig of music that I had in my old Caravan. I had been thinking I might need to buy an iPod and leave it in the van until I read this thread. The first time I plugged a USB drive in it did not work. I reformatted it as FAT32 as suggested here and it works great. It appears to shuffle all of the 15 gb of music on it, not just one folder.

As for steering wheel controls - I have had them on the last few vehicles and like them. I can control the radio with taking my hands off the wheel. I definitely like the ones on the Dodge Caravan better than the ones on the Promaster. The Dodge one are on the back of the steering wheel.

·
Premium Member
7,736 Posts
I do have a real leatherman and the UC3 radio too. The thousands of songs I have on a thumb drive is great. What is not so great is the shuffle. Sometime a song is played three times in an hour and there are some songs that never seem to have played. My iPhone, etc. shuffles keeping track of what is played so no repeat. Is this me or does this happen to others?

·
Premium Member
7,736 Posts
But as Al Dubin and Harry Warren say "Shuffle off to Buffalo” and I don’t want the shuffle off!

21 - 40 of 44 Posts