Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am a 57 year old retiree (yeah! early retirement!) who is currently taking care of my 87 year old father with Alzheimer's. It is my father's wishes that he never be placed in a nursing home, and I am complying with his wishes. After all, he took care of me for 18 years at the other end of my life! What keeps me sane is planning what I will do when the time comes that my caregiver responsibilities are over. That includes outfitting a Promaster as a full-time RV and becoming a nomad! This forum has a wealth of information for someone like me to draw from as my planning progresses. I expect I will be as knowledgeable about Promasters as one can be after a year or so trolling these pages. Anyway, I'm glad to be here!

·
Premium Member
8,827 Posts
From personal experience I can say there may (probably will) come a time your father will need more than you or any of us can give. By that time he will not be aware enough to understand you had to meet your promise as best you could for as long as you could, and that you never abandoned him.
Welcome and be well yourself.

·
Registered
378 Posts
I agree with RD. Had to watch my grandma and a neighbor go thru dementia. My Grandma was lucky. Her dementia was a gentle one vice the angry ones you so commonly see happen. Made caring for her easier.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts