Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

I'm planning to start a PM RV conversion in the next month or two. I've already learned a ton browsing these forums. Thanks to everyone for sharing their experiences!

My plan right now is to take a high roof 159/ext and build it out as an off-grid RV for 1 or 2 people. I will focus heavily on solar and water storage to allow at least 5 days at a time in between hookups. I'm excited to get out and explore North America in my PM and hope to contribute my conversion experience as I prepare.

--Qtonic

·
Super Moderator
10,873 Posts
5 days without hookups is nothing! You will discover with 300 w of solar and 10 gallons of water you can easily get by without ever connecting to a hookup. The key is to minimize your 110 vac usage by going all low voltage 12 VLC. If you do need the occasional 110 vac for something like a microwave it's no big deal at all with a 1500 w inverter which will easy handle the load of a small micro or appliance for 5 or even 10 minutes. Use a butane or even propane stove for cooking and you are all set to go. Even when camping at state or national parks I never use the hookups (unless it's included in the fee). Many public campgrounds will let you pay the "rent" site even if you don't have a tent as long as you don't want or need any hookups.

·
Premium Member
8,845 Posts
Even 200 watts is enough if you have an efficient 12 volt refrigerator designed for an RV or a super efficient chest refrigerator which can let you get by with 100 Watts. KOV does just what you want to do as do I and many others here. He knows.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you both! This is exactly the type of good info I know I'll find here. And I'll need it!

See you around,

Cheers

1 - 4 of 4 Posts