Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am helping a friend search for a promaster of their own for a camper conversion - and we found a good deal on a work van, but the owner only has the driver set installed, not even a single passenger bucket seat.

Are single passenger bucket seats still basically impossible to buy (from RAM or third parties)?

I know we *could* get lucky via a craigslist ad or something where a person wants to sell their own passenger seat, but don't want to have to rely on this for the only option.

·
Premium Member
8,838 Posts
You will never have the airbag working if the van owner ordered a “delete passenger seat” and no side curtain or side seat airbag. I’d pass.
The seat should be available in a wrecking yard. If it once had a single seat so the airbag system is showing a dash light now, it should be easy.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Brand new 2016 Dodge Promaster seat manual slider w airbags

http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/pts/6050267610.html

Brand new 2016 dodge promaster vinyl seat. Brand new pulled out before it was ever used and replaced with a bench. Manual slider, all the original wiring any built in airbags. Can be used for custom applications, have 2 in my 83 blazer. New and durab ...

·
Registered
3 Posts
All newly registered members MUST make an introductory post in the Introductory Post Forum as per forum rules. "Promasterforum.com Introduction Section " Please be aware until you do make the required introductory post any posts you make may be deleted
Bringing this post back from the dead. I currently have this issue of buying a van with the "passenger seat delete" option from the dealer. Is there no way to get the passenger airbag and airbag in whatever seat I choose to purchase up and running? Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
2018 3500 EXT Camper Conversion in CT (TX for now due to Covid)
1,026 Posts
Bringing this post back from the dead. I currently have this issue of buying a van with the "passenger seat delete" option from the dealer. Is there no way to get the passenger airbag and airbag in whatever seat I choose to purchase up and running? Thanks for any help!
Nothing that would be easy. You would need to source and install airbags, sensors, and wiring. They you would need to reprogram the computer to interface with those airbags, sensors, and wiring. All of this is in addition to getting the seat. There is also a seatbelt pretensition system to deal with as well.

·
Registered
3 Posts
All newly registered members MUST make an introductory post in the Introductory Post Forum as per forum rules. "Promasterforum.com Introduction Section " Please be aware until you do make the required introductory post any posts you make may be deleted
Thanks so much for the reply, Do you think this is something a private shop is able to do or is programing the computer a dealer only type thing? The dealer already quoted me around 5000 for just the seat assembly :( so I think thats out of the question. Other solution is just put in a seat with no airbag, but I don't feel comfortable doing that.... Theres no other solutions I am missing right? Again thanks for the help.

·
Registered
2018 3500 EXT Camper Conversion in CT (TX for now due to Covid)
1,026 Posts
Thanks so much for the reply, Do you think this is something a private shop is able to do or is programing the computer a dealer only type thing? The dealer already quoted me around 5000 for just the seat assembly :( so I think thats out of the question. Other solution is just put in a seat with no airbag, but I don't feel comfortable doing that.... Theres no other solutions I am missing right? Again thanks for the help.
I don't think most normal shops would. you will need someone that does modications and I cannot imagine it would be cheap, maybe not 5000, but I can't see it being less the 2-3 thousand. The research alone would take hours to make sure it is done right.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I don't think most normal shops would. you will need someone that does modications and I cannot imagine it would be cheap, maybe not 5000, but I can't see it being less the 2-3 thousand. The research alone would take hours to make sure it is done right.
Hmmm sounds like some more thinking and research on my end, at this point I would throw a 2-3 grand at it cause I got a good deal on the van and they are so hard to find right now haha. Ill look into shops who specialize in modifications and see what I can come up with. Thanks again for your help!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts