Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The only way I can get the passenger door to lock is with the key fob. There is a switch on the drivers door in back of the power window switch. It has a red lighted dot on one side and door logo with key on the other. I didn't see anything about it in the owners manual, but it seems to lock and unlock other doors, but not the passenger or drivers door. The only way I can lock the drivers door from the outside is with the fob or key. If I try to lock with the inside switch, then close the door, in is unlocked. Any help appreciated.

·
Registered
887 Posts
The only way I can get the passenger door to lock is with the key fob. There is a switch on the drivers door in back of the power window switch. It has a red lighted dot on one side and door logo with key on the other. I didn't see anything about it in the owners manual, but it seems to lock and unlock other doors, but not the passenger or drivers door. The only way I can lock the drivers door from the outside is with the fob or key. If I try to lock with the inside switch, then close the door, in is unlocked. Any help appreciated.
VW is like that too. I guess they REALLY don't want us Americans getting locked out of our vehicles.

I hate that feature. I intentionally lock my keys in the vehicle. I carry a spare dummy key around my neck when I go surfing at the beach.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Yeah, I was dumbfounded by that too. My dealer told me that's the way it is = to lock all the doors you must use the fob. I hope the fob doesn't decide to quit on me at the wrong time...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have called RAM about this. They said it doesn't seem like that should be the way it works. They have given my a case number and are investigation. I have an appointment Monday to have a hitch installed and will follow up on it at that time. I'll let you know the out come.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I have called RAM about this. They said it doesn't seem like that should be the way it works. They have given my a case number and are investigation. I have an appointment Monday to have a hitch installed and will follow up on it at that time. I'll let you know the out come.
Keep us posted on how that goes

·
Registered
258 Posts
There's also a switch by the hazards lights under the heater controls.. I think I've pushed it once but I'm not sure if it will lock/unlock all doors.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts