Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in Orlando, FL and have a 2014 PM 2500 HT with a vinyl bench. I'd like to swap for a regular passenger seat if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I am in Orlando, FL and have a 2014 PM 2500 HT with a vinyl bench. I'd like to swap for a regular passenger seat if anyone is interested.

Shaun,
I just went through this laughable process as well, and I think I may be able to save you a bunch of headaches and time. I started with a swap offer post, like you, and of course, no takers, since most folks with the dual bench seat are wanting the single passenger seat. Next, I called every junkyard within a 100 mile radius of my location - nothing. Dealer price for a new seat was quoted at $6k. I was just about to reinstall that darn bench seat, when I discovered a parts sourcing site called Car-Part.com with several available passenger seats all over the US and landed on one that was in great condition that cost me $275 with $150 in shipping. Many of them are crap and have deployed airbags, so make sure you get pictures of them before committing. Hope this saves you some grief. Good luck!
Jacqueline

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
193 Posts
Shaun,

I also suffered trying to find a single seat until I used Craig's List. I swapped seats at no cost to me.

Mike

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Awesome info guys, thanks! I'm a CL fan. I have been buying and selling on CL and eBay for years. Just bought my PM off someone on CL in fact. I have already listed a trade posting on CL, my bench for a seat. I'd rather escape this mod with all my pennies!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My bench seat has been swapped. Ended up swapping both vinyl driver seat & passenger bench with another PM owner on the forum that had cloth driver seat & passenger seat. Great swap!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Was the swap straightforward? As in was there ant retrofitting you had to do to mount the single seat where the bench had been?

Thanks!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Was the swap straightforward? As in was there ant retrofitting you had to do to mount the single seat where the bench had been?

Thanks!

No retrofitting. The bench seat is mounted on the same 4 post setup as the single seat. Two front bolts and two rear latch pegs that the rear of the fram slides into. First unplug all plugs under the seat, then just unbolt the two front bolts, slide forward off the rear pegs and lift out. Super easy swap.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Any issues with seat belt lights ?
Yes... seat belt light is on. I found a gadget that is supposed to simulate/emulate the third seatbelt connection so the light turns off.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/AIRBAG-AIR-...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649
It's only $5.99. However, if it doesn't work or I plug it in wrong I may deploy the airbag. Not worth the risk in my opinion... I'll deal with the little red light. It blends right in with the TPMS light and my door open light!
I keep my tire pressure a little lower than the TPMS wants because I like a softer ride, so that's on all the time. I also tapped into the rear camera wiring so I can turn the rear camera on all the time... I learned that if the rear door is open the camera comes on. So I rigged it to a switch that is grounded - when I turn the switch on the van thinks the rear door is open and turns the camera on (but the doors aren't really open). The only downside is the rear door open light stays on while the camera is on. So... now I have a Christmas tree of lights on my dash! Ho-Ho-Ho

1 - 10 of 10 Posts