Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used a drivers side armrest.disassembled to reverse arm on mount pretty simple,hardest part was punching out stop and reinstalling it.mounted the armrest to a piece of flat stock (painted satin black) and mounted to seat frame right behind nut :) happy wife now before baja trip:)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
here are some pics came out great.got a place in san felipe watch the 500 and dirt bike run around in the race car for fun not racing this year:(

Attachments

·
Registered
38 Posts
Awesome! Do you happen to have any pics of how you connected the flat stock metal piece that you fabricated to the seat frame? Did this require any welding special tools?

My parents used to have a vacation house in San Felipe. I used to ride there once in a while. I miss visiting there. Hopefully once I get my CRF450R set up for Baja, I can go back down again.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
right behind the nut that holds the top of seat to the bottom of the seat there is a divit that is easy to drill through I bolted the flat stock to that with a nut and bolt I kept the mount right up against the nut and cut the mount at an angle so it set into seat frame to keep it from moving back and forth. Yes I love San Felipe good people good riding look forward to being there permanently in a couple years:)

·
Registered
114 Posts
I used a drivers side armrest.disassembled to reverse arm on mount pretty simple,hardest part was punching out stop and reinstalling it.mounted the armrest to a piece of flat stock (painted satin black) and mounted to seat frame right behind nut :) happy wife now before baja trip:)

I love your design and install. You have bested the engineers to fix something that really bothers me about the van. But, I think these same engineers that cheated (most) of us out of an armrest did so because they put an airbag or two in the passenger seat. I say that because the seat covers I bought talk about it. Do you or anyone else know more about that?

·
Registered
233 Posts
Thanks Armrest Mount Concept!

Great design Chris!

I have the armrest but have not got around to mounting it. I was going to mount it on a sandwich plate on the inside same as drivers side, but now I have an alternative mounting possibility, thanks for the inspiration!

Chris and others the OEM passenger side arm rest is available through your dealer and other parts suppliers. My dealer gave me one for free because they felt the armrest should have come with my build order but was omitted at the factory.

Cheers,

Dave

·
Registered
233 Posts
Airbag in seat

I love your design and install. You have bested the engineers to fix something that really bothers me about the van. But, I think these same engineers that cheated (most) of us out of an armrest did so because they put an airbag or two in the passenger seat. I say that because the seat covers I bought talk about it. Do you or anyone else know more about that?
David,

The airbags are only on the door side on both passenger and driver side seats. You can just undo the sipper on the Upholstery and have a look see.

I don't think it has been resolved as to why some PM get a passenger armrest and some don't. My dealer could not resolve the question and felt it was a factory omission. They gave me a passenger side armrest at no charge but, declined to install it as there is no mounting plate to receive it.

Cheers,

Dave

·
Registered
445 Posts
So the factory passenger side armrest doesn't mount to the mounting points in the seat frame? Just like the drivers side ? Hear is a pic of the passenger mounting points.

Attachments

·
Registered
233 Posts
Passenger side armrest

So the factory passenger side armrest doesn't mount to the mounting points in the seat frame? Just like the drivers side ? Hear is a pic of the passenger mounting points.
Obrian,

Your seat would appear to confirm my thought that there is no consistency on the passenger side arm rest question.

Did your seat come with the armrest? Or is it missing armrest but, has mounting plate?

My seat came with no armrest and no mounting plate:(

Dave

·
Registered
445 Posts
The mount is part of the seat frame in mine, welded bracket. You opened your seat up and looked inside? Maybe this pic will show it better. Mine didn't come with a armrest.

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I unzipped the seat and saw that it was not going to just screw onto the seat. I've been getting it ready for a trip started looking at my work van and my van and one thing led to another and in about an hour or so had a passengers armrest.I didnt want to buy one if it wasnt going to work.but it worked out great:)

·
Registered
233 Posts
Passenger side armrest

The mount is part of the seat frame in mine, welded bracket. You opened your seat up and looked inside? Maybe this pic will show it better. Mine didn't come with a armrest.
Yes it was one of the first things I did when I received my PM, no mounting plate:crying:

Dave

1 - 20 of 66 Posts
About this Discussion
65 Replies
31 Participants
Josh Cissell
Ram Promaster Forum
We’re a community forum dedicated to Promaster enthusiasts to discuss mods, camper conversions, diesel, fuel economy, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing