Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what's involved in swapping out a single passenger seat for a double ? It seems there is an airbag light issue . also does anyone know if its a direct swap . Seems like quite a few people have done a swap just like this , any info would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
963 Posts
It's been discussed before, but basically two super easy bolts take the pass seat out, piece of cake. There are three electrical connectors that mate to the seat, but if there's NO seat you just get a "check airbag" message on the dash, and an airbag idiot light. Installing the double seat will use the same two bolts, and take the same 2 minutes, and the plugs will connect no problem (not 100% sure on the plugs, but you could leave them disconnected if you had to).

We've seen double seats come up for sale on this forum from time to time. I would imagine that you could probably order the seat from a dealer. You could also look across the ocean for Fiat stuff. The way the seat bolts to the floor is so dirt simple you could pretty much adapt anything to fit if you want to get fancy.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Just for fun, I wanted to see if FCA sold the pass double seat as an assembly. They SURE do!

Passenger Seat Bench [CAA] - SEAT COMPLETE, Front
Part # 1XE16JXWAC
Categories: Interior Trim
MSRP $2670.00 Price may vary by dealer

All the factory order-able parts can be found here:
http://www.mopar.com/ram/promaster/2014/shop/358534/30/3120/

There's TONS of parts that FCA has/supports that aren't important now, but will be in the future. Trim bits, seat parts, door hardware, fascias, as well as all the mechanical parts. The seat assembly above is crazy expensive, but the rest are quite reasonable. And if you can dig up an FCA employee, I'm sure you can get some kind employee discount.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Guys , sounds like it's a go if I can get the seat , maybe they can reprogram at the dealership and get rid of the airbag light . It's good to know these things are so versatile.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Does anyone know if the Fiat Ducato seats have the same plugs as the RAM. From what I can tell the seats are physically identical but I was not sure if the three plugs remained the same from the Ducato to the Promaster.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Just for fun, I wanted to see if FCA sold the pass double seat as an assembly. They SURE do!

Passenger Seat Bench [CAA] - SEAT COMPLETE, Front
Part # 1XE16JXWAC
Categories: Interior Trim
MSRP $2670.00 Price may vary by dealer

All the factory order-able parts can be found here:
http://www.mopar.com/ram/promaster/2014/shop/358534/30/3120/

There's TONS of parts that FCA has/supports that aren't important now, but will be in the future. Trim bits, seat parts, door hardware, fascias, as well as all the mechanical parts. The seat assembly above is crazy expensive, but the rest are quite reasonable. And if you can dig up an FCA employee, I'm sure you can get some kind employee discount.
Great resource for parts. Just checked the price of a complete passenger seat and it's $2700! Holy cow!

·
Premium Member
240 Posts
It's been discussed before, but basically two super easy bolts take the pass seat out, piece of cake. There are three electrical connectors that mate to the seat, but if there's NO seat you just get a "check airbag" message on the dash, and an airbag idiot light. Installing the double seat will use the same two bolts, and take the same 2 minutes, and the plugs will connect no problem (not 100% sure on the plugs, but you could leave them disconnected if you had to).

We've seen double seats come up for sale on this forum from time to time. I would imagine that you could probably order the seat from a dealer. You could also look across the ocean for Fiat stuff. The way the seat bolts to the floor is so dirt simple you could pretty much adapt anything to fit if you want to get fancy.
Swapping your single seat for a double seat = no airbag light.

Swapping your double seat for a single seat = airbag light.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Does anyone know what's involved in swapping out a single passenger seat for a double ? It seems there is an airbag light issue . also does anyone know if its a direct swap . Seems like quite a few people have done a swap just like this , any info would be greatly appreciated
Yeah it's easy if you get single seat at dealers I asked. 2800 dollar jus for new seat same as driver's"! I took out a double made my own brackets and put in a swivel reclining seat from my 88Chevy Van! But for direct exchange would only need front bolts out and rear slides under! Clips should be the same! I still got air bag check coming up but a piece of tape will. Block the idiot light! Where you located?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Yeah it's easy if you get single seat at dealers I asked. 2800 dollar jus for new seat same as driver's"! I took out a double made my own brackets and put in a swivel reclining seat from my 88Chevy Van! But for direct exchange would only need front bolts out and rear slides under! Clips should be the same! I still got air bag check coming up but a piece of tape will. Block the idiot light! Where you located?
As long as you are aware none of your airbags will deploy in a serious accident!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Watching this thread, my wife would love a reclinable seat for the passanger side, and we'll likely install the double seat into the cargo area.

·
Premium Member
240 Posts
You can shim up the front mounts with washers, get some longer bolts, and you change the pitch of the seat. When I got my seat from Hightech, he had done that to his, and he gave me the bolts and washers so I could install them on mine.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts