Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,830 Posts
I think all you gain is lumbar support from the regular seat. Buy an add on support for $5 at a dollar store? My 6 way tilts front or back a bit, lumbar support is adjustable and the back can be reclined if you are crazy enough to turn the knob for about 5 minutes, none are real important.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm talking about the 6 way portion, which is not part of the seat, but is inserted between the seat and base. A new seat is expensive, though I may go that way in time...

·
Premium Member
8,830 Posts
My 6 way is part of the seat, not added on between it and the base. I ordered driver and passenger 6 way seat with lumbar- $150

·
Registered
552 Posts
Seats are incredibly expensive. It's never financially feasible to buy parts from a dealer to change your seat. I'd start looking at junk yards, or RV converters who have pulled the OEM seats out to replace with their own.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I have the basic seats, they have the 2 levers on the side to adjust fore and aft angle of the seat. No lumbar, no heated seat and just driver arm rest.

Searching the internet for the parts and pieces can sometimes yield a cheaper alternative. I put in aftermarket heated seats, cost was $60 for both seats, with back and butt warmers. While it was inexpensive, the labor (my time) could be argued at costing more than the original option. My first heated seat took my cousin and I about 3.5hours of doing and learning. The second seat took just myself about 1.5 hours.

You can buy better lumbar supports that have airbags and they are fairly inexpensive on Amazon. But again, learning how to re-upholster your seat and remove it from your van will take some time.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, expensive, also nearly impossible to find a six way passenger seat from a wrecker.

The problem with the passenger seat is height, whcih is going to worsen with the addition of a swivel.

I may need to contract with a welder to shorten the base, though when I was looking at the base it was not looking like an easy project

1 - 7 of 7 Posts