Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I'm the proud owner of a new 2015 SLT and I love it.

To cut a very long story short I'm looking for a partition. Being particular I'd like the black plastic one that is on the Dodge 'build your own' page of the website for the PMC. I think this is the one that was provided in some PMCs as a 'factory option'.

Ordering one through Dodge is a Kafka-esque escapade (apparently impossible, I called 4 dealers yesterday) so I'm hoping to find some help here.

Do I order it through Mopar?? Their website isn't very clear on what parts I need to order.

Anyone have one for sale ??

I'm reasonably handy so can self install.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks but I'm looking for a factory option partition.

The 4 local dealers I talked to were no help.

Apparently ordering a factory option part isn't as simple as contacting a dealer. I spoke to a Ram business PMC helpline rep today and the factory partition can only be ordered upon purchase of a new vehicle. I bought a 2015 without one fitted.

The Mopar website seems to show the parts needed but not how many screws rivets etc. Also the cost would be over $1000. That's a little much for a $400 option.

So bottom line is Dodge doesn't sell certain factory option parts. What a concept !!

·
Registered
13 Posts
I ordered the solid Ranger Design partition for my 15 PMC. Should have it here and ready to install in a couple of weeks.

I'll post pics of the install.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Hey guys, just a warning about the steel partitions, they are incredibly loud on the highway. Absolutely nothing beats the factory partition in terms of sound dampening or aesthetics.
Doesn't matter what brand, they are all bad. Ive got the ranger steel one covered in automotive carpet and it still vibrates like crazy. Its only obvious how flimsy the flat design is compared to the OEM partition which is crazy solid and has considerably more mounting points than an aftermarket unit.
The composite designs are better in this aspect as they have strengthened areas to prevent flexing, they're also thicker so that helps with rigidity.

·
Banned
66 Posts
We have this partition by Adrian Steel in one of our vans as it is rock solid and has no vibration problems. Pictures here. It is quieter than the van with no partition, but not nearly as quiet as the factory partitions or the Knapheide partitions we have in two of our vans.

The last two vans we got had a Sortimo Protexx partition by Knapheide installed and it is excellent at sound deadening, matching the factory partitions, and allows for more seat travel than the factory partitions. Description on Inlad Upfitters site.

I'll get some pictures of it and measure the difference between the Knapheide partition and the factory partitions.

·
Banned
66 Posts
In all of the vans where I have seen the factory partition it does not let you recline the seats enough for it to be called reclining.

There are after market partitions that do let you recline the seats a little more (but still not really reclining), but they intrude into the cargo space more.

I like this one:

https://www.inlad.com/sortimo-by-kn...m-promaster-city-sbk-va-bulk-rpc?page_id=1050

which comes in a version with and without a window. You still can't recline a significant amount but there is a difference and the driver will have more leg room available.

If RAM is still doing the upfitter cash you can use the cash for a non-oem partition if you want. The dealer that I have bought 8 Ram PMCs from did this for their customers.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts