Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've had this truck about a month now. I come home, use the crapper, about 10 minutes later go to my computer. Outside cameras show truck is lit up. WTF? Courtesy feature?? I had to go out and turn off the lights from the stalk.
Noticed the other day radio would not turn off after exiting and locking doors. Usually turns off after opening driver door. lock/unlock/lock still playing music. WTF? I can't wait until I need a jump start when it's 15 deg out and I've got a 1.5 hour commute

·
Registered
810 Posts
on my 2014 if I turn on the lights stalk AFTER the key is shut off and removed..
the parking lights stay on till the battery runs down,or I turn the stalk switch off first.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought the lights only worked with the key on!
I tried locking and unlocking with the remote but I had to go to the car and turn it off from the stalk! DUH

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yo, Jim! no need to be sorry! You basically explained about a problem you also had with these vehicles since 2014! I have to now remember: 1) NEVER to touch the headlight switch unless I'm driving. 2) Keep a spare battery and cables in the truck to jump start it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
So I've had this truck about a month now. I come home, use the crapper, about 10 minutes later go to my computer. Outside cameras show truck is lit up. WTF? Courtesy feature?? I had to go out and turn off the lights from the stalk.
Noticed the other day radio would not turn off after exiting and locking doors. Usually turns off after opening driver door. lock/unlock/lock still playing music. WTF? I can't wait until I need a jump start when it's 15 deg out and I've got a 1.5 hour commute
BB,

There is a "Follow Me Home" headlight delay that can be enabled. You activate Follow Me Home when you remove the key or turn to the OFF/LOCK position, AND pull the multifunction lever toward the steering wheel within 120 second. Every time you pull the lever, you add 30 seconds. Max time is 210 seconds (3.5 minutes). It doesn't account for the other 16.5 minutes, but it's worth a look.

To disable the Follow me home, pull and hold the multifunction lever for more than two seconds.

In the Uconnect Settings, there is an Engine Off Option that allows the radio to stay on after you turn off the engine. Check the Engine Off Options and see if the Radio Delay is selected. It's either 0 minutes, or 20 minutes.

·
Registered
6 Posts
There is a "Follow Me Home" function that leaves the headlights on for a period of time. When you remove the key or turn off the ignition, and pull the multifunction lever toward the steering wheel within two minutes, you activate the Follow Me Home. Add 30 more seconds for each additional pull for a maximum of 210 seconds. Not sure if that is what happened to you, but maybe it was.

The Unconnect Engine Off Options has a Radio Off Delay that allows the radio to remain on for 20 minutes after shutting off the engine. Check that and see if that is enabled.

·
Registered
203 Posts
My 2015 is the same, the parking lights stay on when they're turned on at the stalk AFTER the ignition is off. This is the first car I've had where the headlights go off/on with the ignition, is that the DRL? That feature of the parking lights is good once you know about it. If'n you decide to cycle your battery, like in 4 years or so, It's handy to drain it and recharge it with that. You youngsters do that nowadays?

·
Registered
810 Posts
ive always heard that when a car battery drains out, then recharged back up,..... that it shortens the useful life of it?
not true? go ahead and drain it in 4 years?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My 2015 is the same, the parking lights stay on when they're turned on at the stalk AFTER the ignition is off. This is the first car I've had where the headlights go off/on with the ignition, is that the DRL? That feature of the parking lights is good once you know about it. If'n you decide to cycle your battery, like in 4 years or so, It's handy to drain it and recharge it with that. You youngsters do that nowadays?
It's quite fun this way, waking up and wondering if the thing will start! What's even more amusing is you can't lock the doors if the car is running! I guess where it's made people don't steal running vehicles from rest stops!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts