Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have 16K miles on my 2015 diesel Promaster. Every time I set the parking brake it always felt tight half way up, about 4 to 5 clicks. Yesterday as I was setting the brake it was tight like normal, but let loose like a cable broke. Now it doesn't engage till the lever is 3/4 of the way up, about 12 clicks or so. They are engaged as if I put the van back into drive it will not move when I hit the escalator.

I will be heading to the dealer Monday to have them inspect the parking brakes and I will post the results here, in case anyone else may have this happen to them.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Yup. Mines not a diesel but I had a lot of problems with the parking brake freezing and not releasing. They finally figured it out and replaced the cable and that worked until this winter and the week before last when the temp plummeted below freezing overnight it stuck again. I got under it with a heat gun and unfroze it because I had to get to work. I don't set it when I know it's going to be below freezing now. I am waiting to see what the electric parking brake looks like and if it does away with the cables I may try to get that installed on mine. Very frustrating.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts