Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After adding trailer hitch and cargo carrier on my 2015 Promaster getting intermittent “service park assist” warning. Sometimes warning will stay on for a day and other times it will clear the next time I backup.

When I was getting it serviced I asked dealer about turning off park assist, dealer came back and said it could not be turned on my van. When I asked about software upgrade their response was I should have gotten a van with towing package, then I might be able turn park assist off when towing.

·
Premium Member
8,809 Posts
Cannot is an interesting term and is often substituted for "will not". Sounds like they will not turn it off.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Somebody posted about adding some foam over their sensors that absorbed the signals and stopped the buzzing.

·
Registered
473 Posts
If you get the factory towing harness I believe it has the ability to turn off the park assist. It's an add on thing, not something you had to order from the factory.

·
Registered
174 Posts
My dealer told me you cannot turn it off, only way is with their factory wiring kit. I could be wrong, but I think he told me it ties into the CANBUS system and there was no control/program at this time to turn it off.

Pretty insane though that their factory wiring kit is over $300, where the Curt cost me $60. I live with the beeping at that cost. I am actually use to it and now it is a reminder that my van is in reverse. This past week it actually hasnt been beeping all the time, kind of sporadic, but the warning light never comes on anymore.

My friends Transit Connect didnt come with a tow package but has the sensors and the option to turn them on or off. Seems like an easy feature to add...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts